Thread: mach1 454???

mach1 454
    does anybody own or know about mach1 boats.thanx.
    mach1454

Bense468
    how many times have you asked this. I know where the last mach 1 ever layed up is and it still has never hit the water. I remember back you asked this and Greg Shoemaker answered all your questions about the mach1 they had a fast bottom. They are pretty nice boats. I have never seen one like you have described. I have seen 18 footers that are low profile but I am sure they made more. I believe they were made in Montclair. Not sure though. Go search back for that.

Chestah Cheetah
    One thing about Mach1's boat that I liked is the legroom for the rear passengers, never seen that much in a comparable boat. It's actually very functional and built for passenger comfort with an engine hatch, swimstep, and a setback pump. A buddy of mine also owns a 19' w/460 - I can't compare it because I haven't seen it yet, it's been in storage.

mikey
    Originally posted by mach1 454:
    does anybody own or know about mach1 boats.thanx.
    mach1454
    The only Mach 1 boat company I know of was in San Dimas California back in the early 70's. They built only 20' models, a V-bottom and flat bottom, with 3 different decks. A tall cruiser deck, low deck and a very smooth ski type deck. V-bottoms used Berkeley insert 'E' pumps (some very early models used standard berkeleys) and the flat bottom all v-drive. The company was sold in the mid 70's and moved to Ontario. An 18' model (Southwind/Challenger style) was added.The new owner lasted a few years and sold or went out of business. The company came back in the late 70's and a new tunnel bottom (splashed from a Southwind drag tunnel) was added to the 20' line. Last place I saw the company was on Citrus Avenue in West Covina.
    The 20' v-bottom was a fast boat, but would swap ends with little notice. Back in the early 70's a guy by the name of Mel Bacon used his 20' tall deck cruiser in jet boat circle racing. Another person named Ross Wilder from the Pomona area raced a few and did some custom rigging for Mach 1.
    Mike

Bense468
    I think Tom Label had some part in it right before they went out. He owns auto marine engineering in Glendora. He has the last Mach 1 18 ever layed up. It has never been in the water. It is rigged pretty nice with a rail kit, set back, and the bottom has been speed coated. You are right it was San Dimas for some reason I was thinking Montclair, I think that is where liberty was out of a long time ago.

Chestah Cheetah
    I thought they we're out of Burbank at one point.

mach1 454
    Originally posted by Bense468:
    how many times have you asked this. I know where the last mach 1 ever layed up is and it still has never hit the water. I remember back you asked this and Greg Shoemaker answered all your questions about the mach1 they had a fast bottom. They are pretty nice boats. I have never seen one like you have described. I have seen 18 footers that are low profile but I am sure they made more. I believe they were made in Montclair. Not sure though. Go search back for that.
    hey, calm down and relax! if you dont want to hear my question, dont read it!
    mach1 454
    [This message has been edited by mach1 454 (edited May 02, 2002).]

BlownChevy
    ... see, know people have come on answering this question and have never seen it before.... so now he is getting more info on his boat... he knows he asked that question before so you dont need to remind him... new people join this forum everyday and maybe they know more info on it...
    Logan
    [This message has been edited by BlownChevy (edited May 02, 2002).]

Bense468
    Hey you want to know information. Call Auto Marine Engineering in Glendora. I am pretty sure they owned the molds. I know they had a piece in it. I am pretty sure I told you that before. I am sure they can answer any question you want to throw at them. Ask for Dave or Tom. Good luck