Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Howard Custom Boats Wins Again!

Essex502
    It was for the 25' Bullet.That is true, Mike. Although I don't think the size was reduced because it was a 25 Bullet versus the 28 Bullet!

Mandelon
    The magazine said that the Teague who does their testing and writing of boat tests is not the guy who builds the motors....

RiverDave
    Powerboat says they are not related. The Teague who does the test driving and writes the reports is not the same Teague that builds the motors......
    The guy in the pictures driving the boat looks amazingly like the guy that builds the motors.. LOL I'm pretty sure they are the same guy. On a different note though, I don't think Howard won that award becuase of their relationship with Teague. I think they won it becuase they put out a hell of a product.
    RD

Sandbar Mike
    ....this just in......'ROLN20'S' just bought a SHOCKWAVE!!!! :jawdrop: :hammer2: :hammer2:
    Serious Frenchy?

Havasu_Dreamin
    Serious Frenchy?
    Hell no! Roln 20's aint buying no shockwave.

Essex502
    Mandalone - There's a Bob Teague - owner of Teague Marine and tech writer and driver for Powerboat and there's a Gary Teague who owns GT Performance. Both Teagues build motors, right?
    GT Performance (http://www.gtmarine.com/main.php)
    Teague Custom Marine (http://teaguecustommarine.com/)
    From Teague Marine's website:
    Bob Teague has been affiliated with Power boat Magazine since 1972 providing technical assistance and on-staff as a test team member. Since 1992, Bob Teague has held the position of Technical Editor and Chief Boat Test Driver.

goneboatin
    The guy in the pictures driving the boat looks amazingly like the guy that builds the motors.. LOL I'm pretty sure they are the same guy. On a different note though, I don't think Howard won that award becuase of their relationship with Teague. I think they won it becuase they put out a hell of a product.
    RD
    Don't get me wrong, I think Howard makes a great product, but aquaintences always help.

Panic Button
    Still a cool boat, but it usually is not what you know, but who you know...

Essex502
    Doesn't Bob Teague own a DCB? I'd think he'd be more prone to vote for DCB then wouldn't you? AH....I guess Bob says one thing and does another then. Hmmmm....his is the only vote too.

goneboatin
    Doesn't Bob Teague own a DCB? I'd think he'd be more prone to vote for DCB then wouldn't you? AH....I guess Bob says one thing and does another then. Hmmmm....his is the only vote too.
    He probably pays rent to Gene for the building.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast