Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Howard Custom Boats Wins Again!

Essex502
    I have no idea what you are talking about ..deny everything, admit nothing...
    I bet I will be sold more after a little kitty ride this weekend
    Roln 20s
    Then why did you have me take all of those pictures with my secret spy camera of the new 28' Howard Deck boat/future 28' cat hull? Shooosh....

INSman
    What are you saying Dave dont pay his bills. I find that very hard to believe....
    I am not saying that at all and I too would find that hard to believe. As with most things, I could care less about what part was true or not and really didn't care or care to ask more questions. Didn't involve me and wasn't buying a boat or product from either party. Just something I heard (2) different times from (2) different people that I can't remember.
    All I do know, is that both these guys charge a pretty big price tag for their stuff !! :jawdrop: It's all good though

boxscore
    I am not saying that at all and I too would find that hard to believe. As with most things, I could care less about what part was true or not and really didn't care or care to ask more questions. Didn't involve me and wasn't buying a boat or product from either party.
    Then why post unverifiable crap? Nothing good comes outta that kind of $hit, ever.

INSman
    Then why post unverifiable crap? Nothing good comes outta that kind of $hit, ever.
    Point taken, but probably a ton of it here on the boards. Just commenting on someone insinuating that Teague was in bed with Howard as respects Powerboat Awards and stating that might not be the only place :eat:
    I guess I could have called Bob and or Dave to verify :idea:

boxscore
    Scary to imagine Bob Teague in a bed with anyone. Gary Teague might be a hottie for all I know... never seen him before.

INSman
    Scary to imagine Bob Teague in a bed with anyone. Gary Teague might be a hottie for all I know... never seen him before.
    Very funny, I think BOB is in his last tri-mester :rollside:

boxscore
    Very funny, I think BOB is in his last tri-mester :rollside:
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...ant18_jim1.jpg

Mandelon
    Mandalone - There's a Bob Teague - owner of Teague Marine and tech writer and driver for Powerboat and there's a Gary Teague who owns GT Performance. Both Teagues build motors, right?
    GT Performance (http://www.gtmarine.com/main.php)
    Teague Custom Marine (http://teaguecustommarine.com/)
    From Teague Marine's website:
    Bob Teague has been affiliated with Power boat Magazine since 1972 providing technical assistance and on-staff as a test team member. Since 1992, Bob Teague has held the position of Technical Editor and Chief Boat Test Driver.
    I remember reading it in a back issue of Powerboat....but maybe they meant that Gary and Bob are not related....? I admit my memory isn't what it used to be....my brain is too full of useless stuff..... :notam:

Charley
    Let's put it this way, I have heard on more than one occassion from completely unrelated sources that between Teague and DCB, somebody owed the other for product and/or services and it was going to get resolved easier and quicker with BOB getting a DCB to finally settle the Accounts Receivable or Accounts payable, depending on how you look at it.
    Um.... interesting comment Insman... let me take the liberty to Defend DCB from your comment, that is based on heresay, and shed some light with some FIRST hand info I can share personally.... Bob Teague test drove my F-29 on or around 6 or 7/03 .... I obviously read Bob's write up, but didnt have the chance to chat persaonally with him for a few months later. To be honest with you, I was a lil nervous to call the guy... you see, my F-29 had Peto motors in it and my prior boat had a Teague motor so I had "jumped ship" so to speak. When I did finally did talk with him I knew I would get a straight answer and Bob has a tendancy to be no Bull$hit in his delivery.... He started out by busting my balls about going Peto but then these were the words from his mouth at that time.... " It's the best Cat 30' and under I have ever driven" ...... now I'm guessing, maybe that sentiment has alot more to do with why he has an F29 than your speculation on accounts payable. Now if Dave and Bob did a trade(which wouldn't surprise me at all ) I doubt it was about seeing Bob's money sooner as Bob took almost a year to get that boat in the water ..... I'm sure this isn't Bob's last boat, and he will eventually sell it and turn some money on this thing, but if he didn't believe in it would he load his family in it, line up for a boat race, and burst out like a Bat out of hell in front of the biggest collection of Hardware ever seen on Lake Havasu? Thats exactly what he did 2 weeks ago at the Desert storm Poker run
    btw the DCB-F29 just won the Powerboat magazine's "sport cat of the year" award
    sorry that I'm hijacking the Howard thread, they deserve big congrads on thier own award(s) and they make a damn fine boat

rivercrazy
    Bunch of CHEERLEADERS! LOL!

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast