Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Howard Custom Boats Wins Again!

TPI
    This has been a hilarious thread. It has covered all kinds of different topics. As far as Howard goes and their 28 Bullet, it does really perform well. From what I have seen, the people that buy a Howard Bullet, are people that put all around performance at the top of their personal list. Interior space is usually second or third. I would also say that Howard Bullet buyers are not 1st time boat buyers. They are experienced boaters that know exactly what they want to do. Their Hulls definately deserve those four awards, and hopefully they will receive four more.

Chase
    While over at Howard Custom Boats yesterday I learned that Gene and Mike Willen have just been awarded an UNPRECEDENTED 3rd Powerboat Magazine Award for Product Excxellence for the Howard Custom Boats 28 Bullet. Congratulations guys on a job well done. They are three for three, I understand, when they have taken the Bullet to the Powerboat Magazine trials. The full story will be in the upcoming issue of Powerboat.
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...d_2005_800.jpg
    Why is the 2004 trophy smaller??

djunkie
    Why is the 2004 trophy smaller??
    Powerboat was on a budget that year. :wink:

INSman
    Gary, of course you are 110% correct, now just ask Gene to kindly start building my next boat, 34' Howard Bullet !!!!! :wink:
    This has been a hilarious thread. It has covered all kinds of different topics. As far as Howard goes and their 28 Bullet, it does really perform well. From what I have seen, the people that buy a Howard Bullet, are people that put all around performance at the top of their personal list. Interior space is usually second or third. I would also say that Howard Bullet buyers are not 1st time boat buyers. They are experienced boaters that know exactly what they want to do. Their Hulls definately deserve those four awards, and hopefully they will receive four more.

TPI
    I am wondering what kind of financial position I will be in when that Big Bullet is ready? I sure would like to set one up with a couple of motors and run it out............................................I am still contemplating running mine out with 14-16 lbs of boost just to see how much more speed the hull has. There is at least 5+ mph more, I am sure of that. The key is, the hull has been tested at high speeds in glass and in chop. It works well in both. So it's no big deal for Howard to build a boat with 800,900, etc..... HP because the boat has been tested way beyond that. I think that is what these performance minded boat buyers are looking at at.

INSman
    Alright Gary, you talked me into it. 50/50, that way, neither has to take the big hit when this beast is ready and you can get the best deal from Gene anyway !!
    I am wondering what kind of financial position I will be in when that Big Bullet is ready? I sure would like to set one up with a couple of motors and run it out............................................I am still contemplating running mine out with 14-16 lbs of boost just to see how much more speed the hull has. There is at least 5+ mph more, I am sure of that. The key is, the hull has been tested at high speeds in glass and in chop. It works well in both. So it's no big deal for Howard to build a boat with 800,900, etc..... HP because the boat has been tested way beyond that. I think that is what these preformance minded boat buyers are looking at at.

TPI
    Cmon Blane,
    Stay focused............................You just got a new boat that you can put hundreds of hours on. You cant think about the next one yet...........its too soon!

INSman
    Cmon Blane,
    Stay focused............................You just got a new boat that you can put hundreds of hours on. You cant think about the next one yet...........its too soon!
    Never TOO soon for me, besides, you know that they are trying to finish the deck and how long it will take to do this new 34' Bullet.. Will be here before you know it, but probably not for 2 years and that will not be too soon for me !

BLOWN HOWARD
    Cmon Blane,
    Looks who's talking??????????????? Come on Gary how many boats have you had in the last 2yrs. But then again if i had the funds or what ever you got i would do it too. Your having too much fun creating new boats.....

TPI
    Here are a couple of humorous facts :
    Fact 1: I have never wanted a different brand of boat within weeks/months of putting mine on the water. Fact 2: I am always wanting to improve on my own work, Howard just builds from the same mold each time. My 2 25' Bullets were just different colors. I guess this new 28 is composite, but its still the same boat hull. As far as the money goes, I have made sure that "boat money" stays "boat money" and invested it accordingly. We started with a very small boat years ago, fixed it up and sold it. I'll bet I have done that 15 times, and kept the money in the same account(which is hard when your remodeling your house). I can honestly say I love everything about my newest Bullet, but I will be tinkering with the motor from time to time
    Also: since 02 we have had 4 Howards. Every one was a nice boat. As of now I dont have the time to think about another 6+ months of rigging/fabrication on a new boat. I just have to keep my wife away from that Howard deck boat, or I am going to be in trouble!

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast