Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Optima Batteries

Essex502
    What? And put one of those Nazi looking battery holds down in your boat. :idea:
    No Nazi memorabilia on my boat!

Essex502
    The Blue Tops are specifically intended for marine applications, I believe they offer a starting and deep cycle within the Blue Top family. The Red Top is a starting battery and the Yellow Top is a deep cycle, although I've failed to notice any appreciable difference between the two in actual application.
    The Blue top starting battery is the 34M and the deep cycle is the D34M. The starting battery has a higher rated cranking power and the deep cycle has a longer rated reserve capacity. Supposedly they are manufactured differently as to internals.

GLDI8HR
    thax shockwavebob. I have one interstate can i buy one blue or do i have to run two blues?

Essex502
    thax shockwavebob. I have one interstate can i buy one blue or do i have to run two blues?
    Not ShockwaveBOB but...Optima's website stated that if you charge both of the batteries simulaneously, then they need to be both Optima. If you isolate them then you should be okay mixing and matching.

Tom Brown
    What? And put one of those Nazi looking battery holds down in your boat. :idea:
    Heil!
    This looks pretty clean, to my eye. In fact, I think I'll pop for one.
    http://www.riverratlife.net/dave/ima...4/DSC00001.JPG

Essex502
    Heil!
    This looks pretty clean, to my eye. In fact, I think I'll pop for one.
    http://www.riverratlife.net/dave/ima...4/DSC00001.JPG
    What's the other side look like?

rivercrazy
    The red top starting and blue top starting are the same battery inside. The only difference is the wing nut type connections on the blue top.
    The yellow top and deep cycle blue top are the same battery inside. Again the only difference is the wing nut marine connections on the blue top.
    I use deep cycle marine blues for starting duty as well as stereo and they are more than adquate to turn over my 496HO. To me there is no real advantage of going with starting battery setup IMHO

Tab
    So what is the concensus????? Blue top, blue top deep cycle or Odyssey? If odyssey is better for running the stereo are they worse in other ways? Where do you get Odyssey's and how much??????? Tab

Tom Brown
    What's the other side look like?
    There's nothing on the other side other than the two vertical rods (that you can see in that pic) to hold up that side of the plate. There is just under 2 lbs of billet there so it's a pretty clean design.
    I run a red top Optima but I don't have a stereo. If you grind down a bolt to just the right length, it looks far cleaner than studs and wing nuts, IMO.

BajaMike
    Costco has the best prices for Optima batteries.
    :hammer2:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast