Thread: Ford crate motor

SB
    I read a thread a while back about going to Ford for a new crate motor, high output. Where do I go, who to contact to find out what they have available?

spectras only
    try www.ford.com/us/motorsport/parts.html (http://www.ford.com/us/motorsport/parts.html) They used to have an SVO Motorsport address,but this one will get you the info as well.

mister460
    The Ford crate motor, p/n M-6007-E460 is available through PAW. If you get it, get it with an extra set of gaskets cause you'll want to pull it apart and double check EVERYTHING. I've never trusted crate motors. Seen too many of them with stuff screwed up. Ford also offers a stroker version for a pretty good price. Anything over 500 inches is always cool! The 486 hp one goes for about $5500. That's intake to oil pan. Roller cam too! I'd suggest finding a good block and machine shop, then building one that way. You might actually be able to save a few bucks, too! A stroker kit(crank, good rods, forged slugs) runs for about 1600 bucks. Everything else is regular stuff. But to sum up, when in doubt, nitrous the beast!

If you go with the SVO 514 pony up the extra $ for the Eagle rods [optional] over the Ford CJ rods, the stroker had a few problems with the stock rods breaking.

TinMan57
    058, aren't Eagle rods made in Taiwan? I know some of thier stuff is and I've seen many a race boat with Windows 2000 using Taiwan rods, Cranks, etc......

Tinman, The only probs. the Eagle rods had was the bolts. They came with some foreign things that had a nasty habit of falling apart. Eagle has since corrected that by using U.S. made ARP bolts. The last set of rod I bought were the 6.800" Eagle/Chevy rods and had ARPs in them and are currently living in a 514" BBF.

SB
    Thanks. The URL from Spectras didn't work, but putting in that part number got me Fordracing.com which had the info. BUT some said "remanufactured" blocks. No thanks. So where do I get the parts for $1,600? HB ran an ad for Drew Marine's 540 bore and stroke kit for about $3,000.

spectras only
    SB, Drew's 540 kit could make anybody drool[scare the hell out of the bowtie boys].In the ford SVO catalog i haven't seen mentioning "remanufactured" blocks.They advertised as crate [new?] engines before,maybe they are reman,but what's the diff?They come from the same source as their other products.If you have the tools and facilities,by all means build your monster motor,you'll be envied by other lesser oval blue's http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

Slick
    Here you go Hustler