[This message has been edited by PC Rat (edited December 29, 2001).]

LS55
    Great safety device.
    http://i2ff.com/nascar/rank.php?id=986360
    [This message has been edited by LS55 (edited December 30, 2001).]

AntRant
    pcrat, I still don't get it....

Hydro-Thunder
    That is a picture of a unit that connects on the drive line allowing you to "disconnect" the drive line this way when you run your engine you wont be spinning your pump!
    Jesse

ScrammJett
    Wish I had a jettaway.
    SJ

DOHARA
    I agree with froggy on what he said. I have my cooling system plummed with a "y" fitting so you can hook a garden hose. The water goes into the jet right where the impellor and wear ring are to keep it cool and also to the engine for cooling. If you don't have this fitting I think running pump dry the wear ring and impellor will heat up. I'm curious how you guys that don't disconnect the drive shaft and say not to run the pump out of water set your engine timming? I have a small plate I can take off to lube u-joints but It would take all day and alot of nuckle busting trying to disconnect the drive shaft just to fire it up. I say if you have this fitting for garden hose your save to run it. just my 5 cents worth. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif

Blowin Mud
    forget about the pump. Just fire that baby up and wrap the throttle to your hearts content. I wish we were neighbors so we can put a brick on the gas pedal have some beers and listen to the sweet sound of big block for about an hour or so. Although you wouldn't want me to wheel over my Boston Whaler and show you some real exhaust notes.

flat broke
    Originally posted by DOHARA:
    I'm curious how you guys that don't disconnect the drive shaft and say not to run the pump out of water set your engine timming? I have a small plate I can take off to lube u-joints but It would take all day and alot of nuckle busting trying to disconnect the drive shaft just to fire it up. I say if you have this fitting for garden hose your save to run it. just my 5 cents worth. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif
    Well if you really must know. I installed the engine without the driveline for break in and base timing setup. After all of that was done, I pulled the mill, hooked up the driveline and droped it back in. The rest of the tuning was done on the water. If it was something I didn't want to tackle afloat, I pulled the boat into the parking lot and roasted like a pig while I fixed the problem. Drop the boat back in the water to test it out. Just pack up all of the tools you can think of and make sure you have some help. Sure its a pain in the ass, but a complete blueprint job isn't cheap. My.02
    Chris

77charger
    i wouldnt do it i learned from an impeller change about 5 years ago damage cnn occur fast.now i disconnect the driveline takes about 5 min.

DerangedToo
    Ok I am gonna bite on this one, I run my salt water cooled motor in the Great South Bay and the Atlantic Ocean, I have the fresh water inlet set up with the t-fitting and the 2 valves, as per my conversation with the guys at CP performance . Its the only way I can run my motor for 10 minutes to flush out that nasty salt !!, So which is worse ? run on the trailer or not??

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast