OK here is the dealio i bought my boat a 1979 Challenger Jet Boat 3 years ago now the first time i took her out she ran for an hour and blew to smitherings i mean the crank broke rods were screwed etc... So last year i had the Jet redone by MPD was very happy with his service and the motor redone by a Motor guy in VC talked really big but when it came down to it i was not very impressed by his workmanship and he said a month till completion (it turned out to be 3mos) so when it was time for me to pick it up, he was not their when i picked the boat up i had given him half of the total cost of the motor for a deposit as i was their b-4 i paid the rest in full i tried to fire it up and it would not fire in fact i had 4 foot flames out of my carbs So i said F it i pulled my boat out of their i refused to pay him the balance cause he never finished the work... So i took it over to another reputable place who is familiar with BBc's dialed it in got the motor to run right needless to say i got one good trip out of my boat :notam: Now my rig is once again in the shop and from what i hear and have experienced this guy knows his shiat and is runs a very clean shop but yes motor is pretty much getting another rebuild almost :frown: but i believe this time it should run good keep in mind i am not building a really high HP motor stock to mild 454.....OK here is the deal i have learned to grow a bad feeling toward my boat now because of my experience with it :lightsabe I love my boat but i dont want a project every January So my quwestion is should i keep it or take a HUGE loss and sell it :messedup:
Here is my favorite pic of her
"MAINEVENT"
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...86DSCN1422.JPG