Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MAINEVENT's Dilema

MAINEVENT
    OK here is the dealio i bought my boat a 1979 Challenger Jet Boat 3 years ago now the first time i took her out she ran for an hour and blew to smitherings i mean the crank broke rods were screwed etc... So last year i had the Jet redone by MPD was very happy with his service and the motor redone by a Motor guy in VC talked really big but when it came down to it i was not very impressed by his workmanship and he said a month till completion (it turned out to be 3mos) so when it was time for me to pick it up, he was not their when i picked the boat up i had given him half of the total cost of the motor for a deposit as i was their b-4 i paid the rest in full i tried to fire it up and it would not fire in fact i had 4 foot flames out of my carbs So i said F it i pulled my boat out of their i refused to pay him the balance cause he never finished the work... So i took it over to another reputable place who is familiar with BBc's dialed it in got the motor to run right needless to say i got one good trip out of my boat :notam: Now my rig is once again in the shop and from what i hear and have experienced this guy knows his shiat and is runs a very clean shop but yes motor is pretty much getting another rebuild almost :frown: but i believe this time it should run good keep in mind i am not building a really high HP motor stock to mild 454.....OK here is the deal i have learned to grow a bad feeling toward my boat now because of my experience with it :lightsabe I love my boat but i dont want a project every January So my quwestion is should i keep it or take a HUGE loss and sell it :messedup:
    Here is my favorite pic of her
    "MAINEVENT"
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...86DSCN1422.JPG

Kachina26
    I'll give ya $500 CASH!

Ziggy
    She's a keeper...especially now that you've redone the main components.
    Seen it many times with my customers, they fix all kinds of things in their cars only to sell it because they think its just costing to much. Reality is they fixed the major things and the new owners now have a reliable unit for many, many miles.

MAINEVENT
    I'll give ya $500 CASH!
    Thats it :supp: that wont cover my gas bill to deliver :hammer2:

Jbb
    She's a keeper...especially now that you've redone the main components.
    Seen it many times with my customers, they fix all kinds of things in their cars only to sell it because they think its just costing to much. Reality is they fixed the major things and the new owners now have a reliable unit for many, many miles.
    Exactly..you've done the hard part....got screwed by a vendor...most of us have at one time or another......fix it ...run it ...and enjoy it!!

Kachina26
    Thats it :supp: that wont cover my gas bill to deliver :hammer2:
    I'm the guy that voted for ya to take the big loss! I had to try, would it help if I picked it up?

blown428fe
    Nice boat, Id keep it. You need to hook up with some people that know thier shit. Ive been burned in the past by my engine builder and ended up buying another complete boat , blown BBF and all while waiting for my motor.

redneckgirl
    That is a beautiful boat!!!! But I say with tripletes sell it and get a bigger more family friendly boat!!! Good luck
    RNG

Kilrtoy
    Stop being so cheap and take it to a real boat builder not that guy on the corner in monterey park
    Chew's brakes ttranny and tacos......
    Serious Alex it is a sweet boat, if you get it back and it works as planned it will make you happy again.....

Dan Lorenze
    That boat has a classic river look... I say keep it.. If you decide to sell it needing work you'll really take it in the shorts.. What's it need?
    Dan

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast