Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mach 22 twin

hpron
    Quick question..I know DCB is a kickass boat and rigged to perfection,,how will it handle with twin 200optimax ..speed??..also ok for light chop..when does it become uncomfortable stablity wise,,example 1-2ft..2-3..?I plan on using it where there will not be much large crusier wake etc..

kab
    I really can't tell you about the speed with the 200 optimax motors but I would guess around 100 mph. The Mach 22 handles great in 1-2 foot chop and maybe even a little bigger. If the chop gets bigger just get on top of it and keep the speed up. If you plan on using it where there is not much big chop it should be an awesome set-up. I have a DCB Mach 22 with Drag motors.

TOBTEK
    I was told by Dave at DCB that this boat will push high 90's maybe 100's in ideal cond's. The cool thing about those motors are that they are VERY reliable, oil injected,and I think they are still under the extended warranties that the orig owner purchased??? (not for sure though). The bad part about that 2001 is the front seats, the three across front seat is kinda lame! and the gray gel coat is a love it or hate it thing! If you want a awesome deal contact Stan at www.carismacars.com he has a VERY nice 98 MACH22 with stock 280hp 2.5's with only apx 30 hrs on them. the boat is very loaded with extra options. its a steal in the mid 50K's. Scoot69 flew up and looked at this boat. said it was nice...few little chip and usage, but very worth the money.....tell stan hello from me..toby

Jrocket
    So I take it that Scoot69 didnt buy Stan's boat? What was his reason for not getting it.Do you have any idea?...I really like Stan's boat but dont really want that huge insurance premium.But there are days when I just want to say F it and fly up there to see it.....SO confusing...John

TOBTEK
    Jrocket:
    So I take it that Scoot69 didnt buy Stan's boat? What was his reason for not getting it.Do you have any idea?...I really like Stan's boat but dont really want that huge insurance premium.But there are days when I just want to say F it and fly up there to see it.....SO confusing...John JUST LITTLE THINGS.... few small chips on the bottom of hull, and that it has some things that he would never use. front needs some more color,,,,just personal preferences really. he said it is very nice!!!! I told him for about half of a new one he should buy it! If my wife to be wasnt so set against twin outboards I WOULD HAVE BOUGHT IT a few months back. so she would only let me get a new 2003 with a single 300X...she is soooo mean wink

SCOOTE69
    I still may make stan an offer but am reluctant for a few reasons. First and foremost, no warranty. second, its now 5 years old and beginning to show its age with dated gear and wear and tear and minor stains in cockpit. Third, 2.5's arent oil injected and are less drivable than 300x's. Fourth, steering wheel is on wrong side and I prefer hand throttle. Fifth, not my first choice in colors. All that said, its in nice shape for a 5 year old boat and will likely last a long time. If I dont get a new boat thats my first choice for a used 22 if the price is right. 55k is too high when for 20k more you can get a brand new cougar set up the same way with full warranties and colors etc of your choice. Send me a private email if you need any more info. Tob give me a call and ill tell you about what im doing.

hpron
    Thanks for the info TOBTEK...I am ok with the gray ..not real keen on the triple seats...maybe they can be changed..looked at the other..very very nice..just not me......

hpron
    TOBTEK..please advise on insurance prem..is this going to be a pain..I have a 27 Warlock tuned hp500EFI now with Progressive its only 950.00 a year full replacement max coverage..
    I have seena few nightmare posts once you mention over certain speeds....and these are known for SPEED......

mbrown2
    hpron:
    TOBTEK..please advise on insurance prem..is this going to be a pain..I have a 27 Warlock tuned hp500EFI now with Progressive its only 950.00 a year full replacement max coverage..
    I have seena few nightmare posts once you mention over certain speeds....and these are known for SPEED......It will be double that amount and I have heard in some cases triple that amount. Insurance companies don't like under 25' cats that go 100+

hpron
    Thanks Mike..did ya run that hydro yet ??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast