Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: what happen to great customer service?

a catered life
    hello all!!!! its been a while since i was last here but thanks to those who called to check on us. well we did the spring break trip to parker for the first time and the kids were really excited.....me too new boat (to us) new carb, just serviced and about to run on a nice piece of water.. :supp: ....so this is where the story goes sour........we checked in to black meadow landings for a tent camp site nice looking area, not too full looks really cool.....i ask the guy at the front desk does he think i will have any problems launching here? he says no...no problem at all the next morning was georgous as we launched at about 9:00 am headed up to the zoo for the day......as we pull back on to the ramp i was laying on the bow of my boat i felt something funny like a hard knock so i was like wtf? i push the boat off the trailer only to see one of by bunks float by me again i ask WTF? i pull the boat over to a stall, tie her off, and go back to see what happened and find out the my third wheel ahd gone off the end of the ramp ok.... no problem just pull it out slowly right. WRONG a large piece of concrete goes vertically up in my trailer and bends all my supports and breaks off all my bunks. its stuck between my third axle and trailer support rail.....it wont come out..... :frown: now i pissed and the buttholes at the marina are standing around watching this unfold.....finally the staff has to bring over a dam crane to lift my trailer out of the water and at about 7 feet out of the water the huge piece of concrete drops out.......then the butthole owner ask me what did i do.....i dam near crapped on my self......wtf again.......i ask him what kind of ramp is this that has broken pieces of concrete loose at the end of the ramp.........i later find out that its old pieces of the old ramp they left in the water for extra support......$700 (trailer reapirs)and about 24 hours later i return to get my boat out of the water and this stupid a@@ staff gives me a warning ticket and a nasty note for leaving my boat in the water over night with out a pass....... again wtf everyone at the camp sites knew about the trailer reckage.......with a repair bill in hand i wanted to talk to someone in charge george the so called owner tried to play me for stupid...... :messedup: i explained to him that i think he should at least pay for half of the damage to my trailer his busted a&& ramp caused the damage he had the nerve to offer me free camp sites next time i come.the next time i come..... yea right.............long story short i'm thinking of taking this butthole to court a family friend (a retired judge) thinks i should...what do fellow hb members think?
    the reason why i posted this is because as a fellow boater and a person that deals with customers i understand the importance of a return customer and i guess this butthole doesn't we need to stay away from places that dont offer decent customer service for us i will never recommend black meadows landing to anyone who treasures customer service...if you like rude staff poeple at a expensive camp site then go for it
    i wish i could post the pictures.....dam they tell the whole story

cc322
    Take him I think you will win

jdf
    we are off to see the judge ?????drag him in it's his ramp and knew that it was there

mike37
    send them the bill and a 30 day notice to pay it then off to Court I he don't pay

racecar.hotshoe
    hello all!!!! its been a while since i was last here but thanks to those who called to check on us. well we did the spring break trip to parker for the first time and the kids were really excited.....me too new boat (to us) new carb, just serviced and about to run on a nice piece of water.. :supp: ....so this is where the story goes sour........we checked in to black meadow landings for a tent camp site nice looking area, not too full looks really cool.....i ask the guy at the front desk does he think i will have any problems launching here? he says no...no problem at all the next morning was georgous as we launched at about 9:00 am headed up to the zoo for the day......as we pull back on to the ramp i was laying on the bow of my boat i felt something funny like a hard knock so i was like wtf? i push the boat off the trailer only to see one of by bunks float by me again i ask WTF? i pull the boat over to a stall, tie her off, and go back to see what happened and find out the my third wheel ahd gone off the end of the ramp ok.... no problem just pull it out slowly right. WRONG a large piece of concrete goes vertically up in my trailer and bends all my supports and breaks off all my bunks. its stuck between my third axle and trailer support rail.....it wont come out..... :frown: now i pissed and the buttholes at the marina are standing around watching this unfold.....finally the staff has to bring over a dam crane to lift my trailer out of the water and at about 7 feet out of the water the huge piece of concrete drops out.......then the butthole owner ask me what did i do.....i dam near crapped on my self......wtf again.......i ask him what kind of ramp is this that has broken pieces of concrete loose at the end of the ramp.........i later find out that its old pieces of the old ramp they left in the water for extra support......$700 (trailer reapirs)and about 24 hours later i return to get my boat out of the water and this stupid a@@ staff gives me a warning ticket and a nasty note for leaving my boat in the water over night with out a pass....... again wtf everyone at the camp sites knew about the trailer reckage.......with a repair bill in hand i wanted to talk to someone in charge george the so called owner tried to play me for stupid...... :messedup: i explained to him that i think he should at least pay for half of the damage to my trailer his busted a&& ramp caused the damage he had the nerve to offer me free camp sites next time i come.the next time i come..... yea right.............long story short i'm thinking of taking this butthole to court a family friend (a retired judge) thinks i should...what do fellow hb members think?
    the reason why i posted this is because as a fellow boater and a person that deals with customers i understand the importance of a return customer and i guess this butthole doesn't we need to stay away from places that dont offer decent customer service for us i will never recommend black meadows landing to anyone who treasures customer service...if you like rude staff poeple at a expensive camp site then go for it
    i wish i could post the pictures.....dam they tell the whole story
    That is two things that dont go together Black Meadow Landing and customer service.I to stay there,I just stay away from the staff not easy people to deal with!................... :coffeycup

MagicMtnDan
    That place has to have all kinds of insurance - insurance that will pay for stuff like customers' trailer repairs. Push 'em to use it and make good. Otherwise get your paperwork, pictures and facts together and go to Small Claims Court.

a catered life
    looks like a land slide decision from fellow members i will be going to start the process today..........thanks to all for your valued comments..........usually i dont involve the courts in anything but i'm still pissed about this
    also it seems to me that i may not be the only person that has issues with the customer service at black meadows :supp:
    like my judge friend says "let the lord and the law handle your problems"

Scream
    My ex FIL is a judge in San Diego. I'm going to tell you what he always told me. "Son, it costs a lot of money to be right." Ain't worth your time, just don't go back to Black Meadow.
    Small Claims shouldn't be that expensive, only time and filing charges (minimal)
    Bottom Line, if you feel you're right, give them one more chance to make it right. As suggested send them a copy of the invoice, a demand letter for payment (professional, not personal) and give them 30 days. If you haven't been satisfied by the end of the 30 days, file on them. Typically you have to file in the jurisdiction of the incident, so you'll have to go to the court jurisdiction where Black Meadow Landing is. Pay to have them served (minimal) and add that and the court costs to the judgement amount when asked for a $$ amount. Chances are they won't show up and they will pay before the court date. My bet is they'll wait till you file, and only pay when they figure out you're serious about suing.
    Scream

H20Advantage
    Surprised they didn't try to charge you for the use of the crane if they were sporting that type of attitude. :jawdrop:
    I would find out who their insurance company is and file a claim against them then try the small claims route

Mrs.Racer277
    Dang that sucks Willie. We have friends that have keep a trailer there for years. They have said numerous times the people there are A-holes. I hope it all works out for you.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast