Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How Much Do ..'drop Down Dvd..

HCS
    I work for a dealer. GO AFTERMARKET the dealer stuff is crap.
    You can get 3 times the equipment aftermarket for the buck. Forget the warranty. The only time you need a warranty is when you buy the inferior shit from the dealer.
    Trust me on this one. Don't waste your money on dealer audio or navigation compontents. There junk.
    Ofcourse you may get lucky and not have problems.

Parker
    HCS, every time I see that idiot burst into flames taking that shot it makes me smile.

MAINEVENT
    I would go after market IMO I got a 15" Drop Down for the burb with the DVD player seperate I Dunno how much i dropped cuz it was part of my whole system The best $$$$ i ever dropped for sure though I know you have Little ones but let me tell when you do it helps so much on long road trips :rollside: Good luck

28 Victory
    Have 04 F250 Diesel I have had three in dash units (kept upgrading) so I could watch while my wife drives us to Laughlin didn't happen she enjoys it more than me. Just installed new Pioneer with Nav spent $1250 for it has not had any problems. You get more for your money aftermarket. Got friends with aftermarket drop downs way more for the money and better quality.

Garrddogg
    Think about head rest displays, the flip downs obstruct your rear view mirror..
    and dont forget V1..and get it hard wired with the remote display
    good luck with the new rig.

duffster
    Everyone I know with the fip down display's bitches about that. I have
    7-inchers in the head rests of mine and they work great. It's about 1500
    for a good system fully installed with wireless headsets and the Playstation connection.

riverbound
    Before having the unit installed I would check with Ford to see what if any effect this will have on your vehicles warranty. It may void the warranty on your entire electrical system.
    Actually there is no way they can legally void the entire warranty unless they can prove, without a doubt that the aftermarket system caused the problems. There is a law (I think its called the magnusson moss act) that was set in place to protect the consumers. You wouldnt believe the stories that have heard from dealers about aftermarket equipment voiding warranties. If you are at a car dealer and they tell you that installing aftermarket equipment will void your warranty. What they are doing is actually illegal.

FRENCHIE
    I REMEBER YOU TOLD ME TO GET REMOTE DISPLAY B4 THANX!!!!

FRENCHIE
    Also flip down will not obstruct my rear view, as i will have a big beast of a boat back there obstructing it!!!

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
    That DVD wouldn't be for some kiddies now would it Frenchy??? We all know you don't ride in the back!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123