Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Damn pop-up question...

JackieV
    What ya do is unhook the keyboard, mouse, monitor and printers. Then you pick up the tower or hard-drive piece of the computer and place it behind your car. You then jump in the driver seat of your vehicle and reverse out of the drive way until you have comletely run over the damn thing :hammer2: . You may want to continue doing so until all feeling of aggrevation is gone. Have a nice day! :shift:

welk2party
    What ya do is unhook the keyboard, mouse, monitor and printers. Then you pick up the tower or hard-drive piece of the computer and place it behind your car. You then jump in the driver seat of your vehicle and reverse out of the drive way until you have comletely run over the damn thing :hammer2: . You may want to continue doing so until all feeling of aggrevation is gone. Have a nice day! :shift:
    Hey, that might work!

BrendellaJet
    Thanks for the help guys!! I ran one of these programs and it found 32 "threats" and is cleaning em up....but it didn't find this Aurora bastard though.. :idea:
    The spyware removal tools are all different. Sometimes you have to run multiple programs to strip the computer clean of them. Go to download.com and get spyware Dr. Its the free version and will work for 2 weeks. Its the best ive seen. It should get you out of trouble...A router is the best way to get rid of popups. Also try disabling MSN messenger...

napabob
    Quote below from Aurora:
    "In the past few weeks (beginning on Friday, 8 April 2005) we have received numerous e-mail messages regarding malicious popup windows appearing on user machines worldwide that contain ''Aurora'' somewhere in the window."
    http://www.aurora.com/support/malware.html

jbtrailerjim
    Try this. http://www.sunbeltsoftware.com/CounterSpy.cfm My wife is the I.T. person at her work and she said this is about the best out there right now. It's a free download.

MagicMtnDan
    Sounds like you have a virus/program that's taking over your browser which is pretty common these days. I had one and it's insidious. You can get rid of it using SpyBot but you have to know how (I was told how and now I don't remember). I believe it involves clicking on the Tools tab (lower left) and doing something there (BHOs?). I'm guessing someone here will be able to help but at this point you might want to try SpyBot and browse around it (use Help too) yourself.
    If you don't have it you can get it free at www.download.com
    Good luck!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12