Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Know About Websense?

Panic Button
    It comes up as swimsuit and lingerie here.
    Check the forums- www2.***boat.com/forums/
    One little clause in our staff hand book... "Any Non-Business Related Site"

Tom Brown
    Knowing a DMZ address won't help. Depending on the configuration there may not even be one (DMZ).
    Well said. By the way, I'm a CCNP also.
    There are definitely ways to get around WebSense but it's tough to bring in a 200mb/day traffic flow under the radar.
    If the company doesn't want you surfing, it's probably best not to push it.

Panic Button
    That is correct!

LVJAKAZ
    OMG!!!! I am going to be fired :2purples: :2purples: :2purples:

Panic Button
    I keep a copy of all the "higher up's" activity for job security...

dicudmore
    I keep a copy of all the "higher up's" activity for job security...
    Mr. VD...er PB, that sounds like a good idea

Racer277
    Well said. By the way, I'm a CCNP also.
    There are definitely ways to get around WebSense but it's tough to bring in a 200mb/day traffic flow under the radar.
    Way to go TB, you'll like this story.
    For about 5 years I worked as a traveling admin, I would be flown off somewhere to install our appliance onto peoples live networks. Most often for install, sometimes just to demo the box. The box could be a firewall, filter spam, block pop-ups, read or filter all im's, redirect to websense, or another filter, read all emails (even most encrypted). It could do nearly anything with IP traffic, including the most advanced reports (2001-2004) in the industry. It was scary at times, as it is Win2000 based, and few networks are stable. It would go inline :2purples: just inside the PIX (if they had one).
    I was up North doing an install when we found a lot of bad traffic. This was in the heady days of Kazaa, so I always saw 60-75% P2P, but this traffic wasn't good. So we brought in the cops and....
    Here's what happened (http://www.modbee.com/local/story/51...-6120732c.html)
    He went to jail.
    While I was there we helped put 12 in jail around the country, we called them the dirty dozen....

WetWillie
    Does Websense do a free trial some companys can see the loss they may have?? What software do they have that can monitor 30 employees for wasted time on the net?? :messedup:

Racer277
    Does Websense do a free trial some companys can see the loss they may have?? What software do they have that can monitor 30 employees for wasted time on the net?? :messedup:
    Here you go:
    Download site (http://ww2.websense.com/global/en/Downloads/)
    You should be able to setup on a spare machine.
    Then you get to determine the amount wasted.
    Consider becoming a reseller, any school using Erate funds must have Something (this or something else) in place.....

Panic Button
    Surf Control is pretty good, and might be a little cheaper for what you need, and has a 30 day demo. http://www.surfcontrol.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast