Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another high speed chase......

MagicMtnDan
    Besides no innocent bystanders being hurt (though his driving did cause a couple of accidents), the best news is this scum bag is dead. He saved us taxpayers tens of thousands of dollars in court and prison costs. And it got one more bad guy off the streets. Meanwhile the TV, radio and newspapers are all up in arms about how channel 7 showed his death on TV (oh my!). What hypocracy! If you watch TV any night you'll probably see 10 people get killed in more graphic detail than what ABC showed on TV yesterday. I only wish every high speed chase ended this way. That would stop them pretty quickly...
    LOS ANGELES - A high-speed chase being televised live ended with police fatally shooting a suspected car thief brandishing a gun.
    The nearly 40-minute chase Wednesday reached speeds of up to 100 mph. At one point, the driver crashed into a highway guardrail, and he also came within several feet of hitting a man and his 4-year-old daughter on a residential street.
    The driver, whose identity was not immediately released, was shot after he jumped out of the car with a gun in his hand, and seemed to be heading toward a shopping center, police said.
    News footage showed the man running from the car as officers open fire. A gun flies from the victim’s hand, but the man appears to be reaching for something at his waist before collapsing.
    KABC-TV, which followed the chase south of Los Angeles and broadcast the shooting live, immediately ordered its helicopter camera to zoom out for a wide shot. A reporter urged viewers to prevent their young children from watching. The station later defended its coverage.
    “Obviously, no one knew shots were going to be fired,” William Burton, a station spokesman, told the Los Angeles Times. “The instant we did, we went to a wide shot.”
    KNBC-TV decided not to air the chase live because it was “apparent to the seasoned eye that it was going to end badly,” news director Robert Long said.
    Two passengers who bailed out during the pursuit remained in custody. Police learned the car had been reported stolen during a home invasion robbery earlier this week.
    http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Co...50512.275w.jpg

riverrunner
    They shot him............
    Good, I think a law needs to be passed not allowing family members to sue after something like this. I'm sick of people breaking the law and then having their family profit from it in the courts.

BarryMac
    When will these people get a clue??! They won't get away! http://members.verizon.net/thehasterts/SMILIES/pat.gif
    You can't outrun a Radio...

NOTALENT
    That's how we do it!! :crossx: He deserved to get shot...They said there were alot of unmarked cars in the chase, saying he was being followed already for another reason..hmmm I guess the home invasion and car theft.
    LBPD is a bad bunch of mo-fo's NSF
    why do u say that???

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12