Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jack Mc Clure- "Smokin in the cove"

RiverDave2
    Originally posted by ChetCapoli:
    yawn....looks like there's slim pickin on the boards lately eh?
    Slim Pickins?? Don't you worry Chet, I'm still around and I'm hardly "slim."
    Beached that's an excellent question.. Where was slow boat?
    RD

HBjet
    Thumbs up to Jack at MPD. I has some pump work done a year and a half ago and it's still running perfect. Lucky for me, I work on the next street over so I stop in there every couple of weeks to see what going on. As far as the donuts go, I sneak over there every morning and eat them. Thats why you guys never get any. Sorry.
    Jack at MPD and Dave at DNE are both top notch and they will make sure you get everything you wanted and more out of your pump and motor. I just wish I had more cash. Maybe I can get my paycheck direct deposit over there?
    HBjet

Eric
    -snip- (got re-posted somehow)
    [This message has been edited by Eric (edited November 15, 2001).]

pgf127rt
    Jack, that was a great description of one of the greatest boat races in any part of the country, I ran ther in 99, and missed the 8.00 class by .017 in my toy flat which was kinda balky all weekend, but as you said, I didn't mind at all not being in the show cause I drug the cooler and the chairs to mid track and watched the best drag baot races i ever saw in all classes, and it is very well organized, and a lot of spectators, and if you want to see some guys get withe program there ain't nothing like 10,000.00 in front of them to turn the wick up, thanks for the great pictures and story.

572Daytona
    I even see couple of eggbeaters in one of the pictures, looks like maybe even an Allison. Maybe Wicky can enlighten us on why it wasn't spanking any of the big blocks in the 6 second bracket

ChetCapoli
    Looks like it time you get your application for the DOHnut club DOHara! HBjet should have them kickin around somewhere, maybe even an extra cheerleader uniform. Looks like i've been away too long, there's a few new faces around i notice. Funny how my little clip can get this thread going. Now all we need is slowy and we can really get the party started.
    BTW,DOHara, Let me ask ya...i notice your a mechanic, when your customer comes into your place and you want their business, you explain and show to them what your going to do to fix their problem dont you? Any quality shop i think would so i guess i missed point.
    Chet

Unchained
    Congratulations MPD, When you see how quick those Pro gas jets run it kind of throws out the old, V-drives are always faster BS. To me it proves that its in the setup and the experts like MPD and the Risky Business team can run with and beat the V-drives.

DOHARA
    WELL CHET I DIDN'T GET ANY DOGNUTS BUT, YES I DID GET GOOD SERVICE. AS A NEWBY TO THE BOATING INDUSRTY I HAVE FOUND VERY FEW PEOPLE THAT ARE OHNEST AND HELPFUL, I GUESS EVERYBODY YOU DEAL WITH HAS GIVIN YOU ALL THE HELP,TIME, AND HONESTY WHEN YOU NEED IT. AS FOR ME BEING A MECHANIC I KNOW HOW SHOPS WORK WITH PEOPLE THAT AREN'T VERY MECHANICALLY INCLINED THAT EITHER RIP YOU OFF AND SELL YOU SHIT OR JUST TAKE ADVANTAGE OF YOU. AS FOR ME BEING A MECHANIC, I DON'T DEAL WITH PUBLIC PEOPLE, I WORK FOR ONE OF THE TOP DELIVERY COMPANYS IN THE WORLD, IF I DID THOUGH, I WOULD TREAT PEOPLE LIKE JACK DOES, I WOULD HOPE BUT, YOU NEVER KNOW. SO LET ME ASK YOU, WHEN YOU HAVE SOMEONE WORK ON STUFF LIKE HOUSE,BOAT,CARS,ETC. THE PERSON DOING THE WORK ALWAYS SITS DOWN WITH YOU AND TAKES THE TIME TO SHOW YOU WHATS WRONG AND WHAT THEY WILL DO TO FIX THE PROBLEM AND THEN JUST TAKE THE TIME TO BS W/U. I THINK YOU MISSED THE POINT. THE ARTICLE I SENT WAS HOW MUCH OF A STAND UP GUY JACK AT MPD IS AND THAT HIS WORK IS OUTSTANDING WITHOUT KILLING YOUR CHECKBOOK, AND THE ARTICLE ON THE RACES BACKS IT UP WITH WHOM HE RACES WITH AND OTHER PEOPLE THAT RESPONDED ARE ALSO SATISFIED CUSTOMERS. SO WHAT ARE YOU COMPLAINING ABOUT? IF THE HB FORUM IS TO BORING FOR YA WELL,GO SOMEWHERE ELSE BUD. YA I DON'T POST ALOT BUT I DO GO ON A FEW TIMES A DAY TO READ FORUMS, IF I HAVE SOMETHING TO RESPOND 2 I DO. ANY OTHER QUESTIONS CHET?

Blown509Liberator
    DOHARA
    Forget it with Chet...He has some bug up his butt about MPD. I know Jack been to his shop and Dave's with DNE (Two doors down from Jacks shop) Jack has done all my pump work and even though i was not there spending any money Jack and Dave spent a ton of time talking to me. BTW if you realy want to rattle Chet up.. tell him Aggressor sucks....lol
    MikeW
    [This message has been edited by Blown509Liberator (edited November 16, 2001).]
    [This message has been edited by Blown509Liberator (edited November 16, 2001).]

DOHARA
    THANKS BLOWN509,I WAS WONDERING WHAT HIS DEAL WAS. WELL YOU SAID ONCE NOW I'LL SAY IT "AGGRESSOR SUCKS" MAYBE HE SHOULD GO HANG OUT WIT HTHE GUYS OVER AT ADM,MAYBE THAT'S THE TYPE OF PEOPLE AND SERVICE HE LIKES.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast