Thread: Need Ford 460 Front Cover

franky
    Does anyone have an extra one laying around or know who has the deal on them? Thanks in advance for your help.

C.Fisher
    Does anyone have an extra one laying around or know who has the deal on them? Thanks in advance for your help.
    If you can not find one give this guy a call, he runs a core exchange and will probably ship you one pretty cheap. Just expect to do a little cleaning on it.
    Jim Hardin
    IndianaCoreINC@aol.com

HOSS
    Look on ebay. There is a company that makes brand new castings for pretty damn cheap. Don`t buy a used one. It`ll be the same thing you got now.

Squirtin Thunder
    Look on ebay. There is a company that makes brand new castings for pretty damn cheap. Don`t buy a used one. It`ll be the same thing you got now.
    It seems that there are two on EBAY, one is made by Ford and the other is well I don't know. So ask to be safe !!! Ford is the only way to go !!!
    Jim
    BTW - LakeOnly, here on the board, also makes some and they are real nice too !!!!

I have one of the aftermarket covers, and compared it to the factory cover when I tore down the 429 in the roadster. The a/m is beefier and has more sealing surface around the water ports. I prefer it to the factory piece, but make sure you get one WITH THE DIPSTICK TUBE (if you need a dipstick).

You can try www.silver-seal.com They tooled and made one that is quite nice.
    Chris

superdave013
    I got a sneek peek at the one that Lakes Only is making. It's very nice. Cstrub, you should PM him and get some details on it. I think you will like it too. Well,....... as much as you could like a ford part anyway. J/K

franky
    I got a sneek peek at the one that Lakes Only is making. It's very nice. Cstrub, you should PM him and get some details on it. I think you will like it too. Well,....... as much as you could like a ford part anyway. J/K
    No doubt. Thanks for the info. I was going to open a new HB member name to do this post so nobody would know I was involved with a Ford project. And no, it is not going in a Bayliner. JUST KIDDING you blue guys.

not guilty
    Have A Couple Of The Cast Iron Ones From Marine Ho Motors If Interested,factory Ford Item Used In Excellent Shape. To Speak In Terms Of Being "beefier" Their The Shiznit , Just A # Heavier THAN THE ALUMINUM ONES, THEY DO HAVE FUEL PUMP MOUNTS BUT THE DIP STICK PORT IS PLUGGED BUT CAN BE OPENED. CALL ME IF NEED 309-649-9240 Mike