Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tailer Bunk Boards Replacment ?

Aqua Man
    I need to replace two Bunk Boards on my trailer and was wondering if anyone knows where I can get it done?

cole13
    I need to replace two Bunk Boards on my trailer and was wondering if anyone knows where I can get it done?
    It is really easy to do them yourself! float the boat and through bolt them to the trailer and you are done. Maybe cost you a $100 at the most.

racecar.hotshoe
    I did mine.....Took the mesurements but the boat in the water took the old ones off put the new ones on used 3M glue later put the boat back on the trailer done..........

Mandelon
    Maybe use trex or other synthetic lumber? And I'd get stainless lag screws and stainless staples for the carpet....

Tom Brown
    ... stainless staples for the carpet....
    That is the key right there. Steel lag screws will rust and look horrible but regular steel staples will disolve in a single season.
    I used treated lumber but a synthetic product would be better.

moneypit
    I took mine back to Nordic during the Desert Storm Poker run to have 1 board fixed... They replaced ALL the boards and only asked for $20.00. It was done the next day.
    I met Lonnie Fluent that weekend and he is a great guy. Thanks to all the people at Nordic.

Boozer
    Is there any special carpet that needs to be used?
    I have a busted bunk right now that I want to fix now that my boat is permanently parked in a slip.

Maybe use trex or other synthetic lumber? And I'd get stainless lag screws and stainless staples for the carpet....
    NO Trex!!!!! That stuff has no strength at all. Pick up a piece and it will just about bend in half. In deck applications it's fine since they spec it to be laid on joists that are 12" on center.
    You can buy the pre-packaged bunk carpet at a marine supplier.
    Mount the bunks to the trailer using carriage bolts not lag screws. Countersink the holes so the heads are below the surface.
    Glue the carpet to the boards and use stainless staples along the edges.
    You can have the boards all prepped before a trip to the lake/river and make the swap while there.

Hallett19
    Froggystyle and I did mine a while back, we used a treated wood from home depot and got some carpet, used stainles hardware to nail the carpet to the wood and countersunk the bolts to hold the boards to the trailer using all stainless equipment. Took a few hours and a 12 pack but we floated the boat at san V for the day and partied (and replaced the bunks)

Mandelon
    [QUOTE=OLDSQUIRT]NO Trex!!!!! That stuff has no strength at all. Pick up a piece and it will just about bend in half. In deck applications it's fine since they spec it to be laid on joists that are 12" on center.
    QUOTE]
    Good point.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast