Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do you drive any differantly?

LHC30Victory
    I have always tried to be calm and save while driving my own car/truck but at work the rules change.....
    I would always have shot back so that option in the poll is a moot one.....
    I get my satisfaction this way:
    This morning I was driving along the 210 in the right hand lane going to work. Traffic was moving at about 30ish and slowing at times so I was about 2 car lengths back in my new truck ( did I mention Jay was wonderful to deal with?). Just past an on ramp gore point I see a car flying up the on ramp and not even looking for a spot to PROPERLY merge into. She (sorry, it's the facts) drove in the emergency lane for about 200 ft before she finally got to my truck and then proceeded to try to squeeze me out. I kept my speed and distance and she kept coming closer till I began to honk. She looked at me, moved up a little and moved over into my truck! I had enough room to avoid a collision and let her in.
    Well, I'm fuming (read REALLY PISSED OFF) but I kept my distance and just chalked it up to AXXholes until (there is a traffic GOD) she got off in my town. So, I did the right thing - I turned on my radio and asked some friends who drive BMW m/c's to come meet my new friend. She wasn't happy getting a ticket :220v: - but I shure was! :yuk:

Ziggy
    I have always tried to be calm and save while driving my own car/truck but at work the rules change.....
    This morning I was driving along the 210 in the right hand lane going to work. Traffic was moving at about 30ish and slowing at times so I was about 2 car lengths back in my new truck ( did I mention Jay was wonderful to deal with?). Just past an on ramp gore point I see a car flying up the on ramp and not even looking for a spot to PROPERLY merge into. She (sorry, it's the facts) drove in the emergency lane for about 200 ft before she finally got to my truck and then proceeded to try to squeeze me out. I kept my speed and distance and she kept coming closer till I began to honk. She looked at me, moved up a little and moved over into my truck! I had enough room to avoid a collision and let her in.
    Well, I'm fuming (read REALLY PISSED OFF) but I kept my distance and just chalked it up to AXXholes until (there is a traffic GOD) she got off in my town. So, I did the right thing - I turned on my radio and asked some friends who drive BMW m/c's to come meet my new friend. She wasn't happy getting a ticket :220v: - but I shure was! :yuk:
    She obviously didn't read the "common courtesy" line on her test......I agree, I dislike people who think they are more special than you...but again, she probably left the house late for work.

Dave C
    You L.A. folks do know that you drive like a bunch of lunatics right???.....
    actually I look forward to it when I come visit. Its quite exciting to say the least.
    My neighborhood has a bunch of old folks and adults that just got their license 6 months ago.... talk about rookies with diminished skills. Its like being on the road with a bunch of 16 year olds. :burningm:
    If I had the choice between lunatics and rookies, I'd take the lunatics.

LHC30Victory
    Rio, I too thought about having an accident that may be her fault, but I dont want to take the time to get things fixed and the general hassle. I will take the right fight but on my terms and others should do the same.

cola
    As good of time as any to post the 1000's. I put those cars in the fence, and the ones that think the fast lane ends after they merge in. Fu*k them.
    Late, Mike

Perfect Mixer
    I drive the same...I drive too fast, but I don't tailgate and I try not to cut people off for those exact reasons. I don't trust other people. I don't pack. And I don't need to deal with the drama before I get where I am going. I have been cutoff and tailgated, I have to admit tailgating...I could care less.....I don't brake check... Cutting me off pisses me the f*ck off!!!!
    Ditto here! I used to commute through the 5 - 55 transistion every day, but changed jobs and commute the 405 now. Not as many bullets flying

INSman
    Great story !! :wink:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123