Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Duramax Hop up

Boozer
    Dan, "BONG" dealer does not qualify here !!
    I believe they are reffered to as water pipes in his biz.

UnionJack
    I have the edge, and I am very happy with it

It's Only Money
    13-14 MPG? Can the Duramax be that bad? My stock 4x2 2005 Cummins is averaging 18+ with partial bumper to bumper daily traffic. No knock on Duramax...it just seems very low. Are you sure that is all you're getting?

racecar.hotshoe
    Like I said I have a 05 3500 dually(Thanks Jay) I have the juice stacked with the predator,Magnaflow exhaust,airaid cold airbox,Runs like a mofo getting 16.8 mpg in the city..................

dicudmore
    stop quoting the law in here... you might upset some of the dealers
    yup ya might... it says in the owners manual of the Edge kit to take it off prior to any warranty repairs because "some mfg's may void warranty"
    with US at the dealer level, we could care less if you bring the truck in for a window motor problem and have "the juice" or something on the truck...
    BUT, if you come in for a rear end, trans, suspension problem and you've got a lift kit on it, over-size tires etc... FORGET IT
    For our area rep tires/wheels, lifts/lowering are a much bigger no no than a power adder...
    I have had claims denied on extended-warranty type claims for all sorts of reasons though...had intake gaskets declined because the guy had a K&N type cold air box on the truck... had steering concerns denied due to over-size tires...you name it

No Regrets
    I have a 2004 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4x4 with the Juice, AFE Intake and RBP 4" turbo back exhaust and I think the truck screams. I get killer mileage, almost 20 not towing (freeway) and about 14-17 towing, depending on which boat.
    I tow on setting (3) and will normally drive on 4 and kick it to 5 if I want to kick some little punks a$$ !!
    p.s. Make friends with a Diesel Mechanic at one of the dealerships nearby, and you should have little if any problems with warranty issues.
    What size are your tires and did you leave the catalytic on ? What does the the AFE cost and where to get?
    Anyon else have a turbo backfire/cough when acclerating hard ? Usually on an uphill when temp is around 180, not quite warmed up all the way but drivin about 5 miles from starting? Right after shifting @ 45MPH then again @ shift around 60? Wont ever do it when temp is around 210 (normal)

INSman
    What size are your tires and did you leave the catalytic on ? What does the the AFE cost and where to get?
    Anyon else have a turbo backfire/cough when acclerating hard ? Usually on an uphill when temp is around 180, not quite warmed up all the way but drivin about 5 miles from starting? Right after shifting @ 45MPH then again @ shift around 60? Wont ever do it when temp is around 210 (normal)
    Tires are TOYO Open Country A/T (325/60/20)
    Catalytic converter is gone
    Got the AFE on Ebay, but you can find many places just by doing a "Google Search" for AFE Intake
    Cost for the AFE is about $230 stage 1, $300 stage 2
    I got stage 2 with larger intake tube and air filter box
    NO turbo backifire/cough ever on my engine, towing or not.

BigDoug
    Iv'e got a 2003 4+4 psd crew cab, when i got the truck it had 13,000 miles on it and a 8in lift with 37s on it I got 11 mpg, then i put the juice with monitor on level 3 and got 14mpg, my next mod will be exhaust and intake filter, this should yield me 1-2 more mpg.
    Your truck isn't broke in yet so give it time for the better mileage.

No Regrets
    Cost for the AFE is about $230 stage 1, $300 stage 2
    I got stage 2 with larger intake tube and air filter box
    Whats the diff between stage 1 & 2?

INSman
    Whats the diff between stage 1 & 2?
    The answer lies here grasshopper !!
    http://www.fast-diesel.com/duramax/airintake.html

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast