Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What performance improvements are you planning

rivercrazy
    Anyone planning on doing any sort of improvement to your boat before the season starts? If so what are you doing and what do you expect when its completed?

Hustler
    I'm trying to spend as much money as I can on the Hustler and it will most lickly Slow down http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif
    Hustler

Slick
    Rivercrazy, when do you plan on installing the droop? I'm just curious as to how it works with your hull and hp. Our hulls are virtually identical and I think we have the same hp. I pulled the pump Sunday and will take it in this weekend or next week. Obviously I can wait on the split bowl and droop, but I'm wondering if I should just bite the bullet and go for it.

custom-cruiser
    It is a never ending saga: I get my pump back from Jack this week, He put in an A+ impeller, cavatation reducer, shaped the bowl and whatever other touches he likes to do. Found a set of Stellings water jacketed headers to replace my center rise exhaust. Took off two 600 AFB's and put on two 750 double pumper Holley's. Scored a high performance intake from American Turbine W/shoe and ride plate.
    Last year with the big ole' daycruiser I ran 65 mph, If I pick up 5-7 mph I'll be happy

rivercrazy
    I haven't done it or bought it yet. Mine's a split bowl so its pretty easy for the most part. My only concern is that the bolt pattern lines up correctly between the droop and bowl so the droop is oriented correctly.
    When I spoke with Frank Place, he though I'd get 3-4 mph with the droop.
    I'll keep ya posted. If I go forward with it, it will probably get done in the early spring.
    Froggy has essentially the same bottom design as well and he said he picked up 3-4 mph as well.

flat broke
    Good topic Rivercrazy,
    The Dana is getting new carpet, completed interior, stereo, almost all of the rigging replaced/reworked, new billet goodies, a droop, diverter, fusion coated Team G manifold and valvecovers, SS hoses and fittings, and if I can afford it(not that I can afford the above mentioned mods http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif ) I'm going to get new swimsteps, a new Optima to replace battery number 2, some work done on the bottom, and fab up some stainless exhaust pipe to replace the standard 4" rubber hose. The trick for me isn't getting the work done, its getting the parts paid for. I already have some of the goods, but a vast majority of parts still need to be purchased. So if it happens to be at the Elsinore thing (I highly doubt it) only a portion of the stuff mentioned above will be done. By OP6C, most of it should be complete, and by CBBB it WILL be done.
    Chris www.liquidaddiction.net (http://www.liquidaddiction.net)

PipesClean
    I'm in the process of adding a new hull to my engine!
    http://www.villagephotos.com/pubimage.asp?id_=129794
    http://www.villagephotos.com/pubimage.asp?id_=129795
    Will hopefully be finished by "Run Whatya Brung"

rivercrazy
    My plans are for the most part pretty simple. Fine tuning the stereo (adding a Sony Remote Commander, and hopefully swapping a 4 channel amp to a 2 channel to double the power to my components), possibly adding a Place Diverter Droop Snoot, and buffing out a few minor scratches and basically cleanin her up a bit.

picklefork1
    THATS THE SPIRIT!!!!!!!!!!!1

Beavertim
    Was in the process of replacing my 21 ft eliminator twin-turbo 460 cast pistons with forged pistons + ARP rod bolts. During the teardown/inspection discovered the valve springs were tired (replaced), the timing chain was stretched (replaced), most of the cam lobes were worn out of spec (replaced with a custom ground for my application competition cams cam and new lifters of course) and had rods R&Red for ARP bolts. So what was going to be a piston swap out ended up being much more, but I think will be well worth the $ and time, although my better half would probably disagree with that. Put the heads on last night and am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. But hey I kind of like being in the tunnel. Tim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast