Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What to do next?

Throttle
    Divorced dad out to dinner tonight with teenage daughter. My opinion was she was rude and disrespectful. While trying to include her in conversation with younger son and gf she answered sarcastically to me that "you don't need to know" , "none of your business" , "so what". The whole time she is text messaging with her mother about me and gf, nothing possitive from the way it sounds. But the truth was too much too be told while her and mother joked it off together!
    not doing well with this, last time this happened, since I can not punish her with anything else, I punished her by telling her she could not go to havi with us... she missed the trip like it was no big deal (I think I was the one being punished). I missed my time with her.

MudPumper
    Divorced dad out to dinner tonight with teenage daughter. My opinion was she was rude and disrespectful. While trying to include her in conversation with younger son and gf she answered sarcastically to me that "you don't need to know" , "none of your business" , "so what". The whole time she is text messaging with her mother about me and gf, nothing possitive from the way it sounds. But the truth was too much too be told while her and mother joked it off together!
    not doing well with this, last time this happened, since I can not punish her with anything else, I punished her by telling her she could not go to havi with us... she missed the trip like it was no big deal (I think I was the one being punished). I missed my time with her.
    Ask her if she would like to be knocked into the middle of next week, always worked with my dad and me. Good luck. :idea: :clover:

MudPumper
    Sounds like your ex perpetuates the problem. It's too bad that divorced parents can't put aside their difficulties and raise their children properly. Your ex encouraging that type of behavior is not helping your daughter one bit, she's setting her up for problems the rest of her life. I, for one, encourage you to have a talk with your ex wife, putting aside your differences and discussing what's in the best interest of your daughter.
    What he said. Good advice.

JetBoatRich
    (I think I was the one being punished). I missed my time with her.
    Feel your pain teenagers can be a challenge

Throttle
    Ask her if she would like to be knocked into the middle of next week, always worked with my dad and me. Good luck. :idea: :clover:
    my dad would of had my into next month!

Throttle
    Sounds like your ex perpetuates the problem. It's too bad that divorced parents can't put aside their difficulties and raise their children properly. Your ex encouraging that type of behavior is not helping your daughter one bit, she's setting her up for problems the rest of her life. I, for one, encourage you to have a talk with your ex wife, putting aside your differences and discussing what's in the best interest of your daughter.
    Tried that one, it ended with daughter storming off upset, and ex standing up for her (will not even hear what I have to say)! good idea though, thanks

jdf
    i still have the mark from mom knocking me in to next year that was 18 yrs ago

Throttle
    i still have the mark from mom knocking me in to next year that was 18 yrs ago
    a mark will remind you of a good lesson learned thats for sure, but today I would be in jail.
    i certainly did not raise her that way!

Throttle
    You're basically screwed then
    my life story

Daytona100
    I know what you mean. Ive been divorced for 8 years. And the ex never misses a chance to talk shit about the wife and I. It makes my daughter real uncomfortable because she loves my new wife. Some people just cant live in the present they just get stuck in the past. Your kid will see thru the Bullshit one day. Mine did and now I got full custody. Good luck. :argue:

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast