Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What to do next?

Throttle
    Looks like I will need to see the therapist again... analyze, analyze and analyze!
    Make it a double jack and a splash of coke!

MudPumper
    Looks like I will need to see the therapist again... analyze, analyze and analyze!
    Make it a double jack and a splash of coke!
    You shouldn't drink Coke, that stuff is bad for you. :jawdrop: :shift:

LHC Kirby
    Go to dinner again, this time without the GF and the daughter gets to leave the cell phone in the car. you have quality time together kind of a trade off on both of you. that would be a start.

Throttle
    Go to dinner again, this time without the GF and the daughter gets to leave the cell phone in the car. you have quality time together kind of a trade off on both of you. that would be a start.
    good advice, so often I try do this too, never had the cell phone thing like this before though.
    kids have reminded me that they want there time with me and me only, but at some point and time I feel they need to get used to having someone around.
    if daughter can not be respectful under normal conditions and then we get out to river for a blown vacation sad thing is I know that she can be good at river, it also forces her to being on the boat (no escape).
    will do the dinner thing though, seems simple, I am just tired of starting over and over with this.

Throttle
    thanks for the PM

spectratoad
    My ex was that wat to an extent. After 5 or 6 years of me just ignoring it and just plowing forward she realized that it wasn't working and she couldn't get to me even though it was tearing me apart I never let it show. Fortunately my kids never did that. They are boys though and daughters will most often stick by mom. The new GF/Wife will always be the bad guy until she grows up to realize how the world works.
    Just roll forward, bite the tongue and bullet and never let 'em see you sweat. Time will change things.

NOTALENT
    how old is your daughter??

Sleek-Jet
    How long have you been divorced??? Having experienced this from the kid's point of view, there is going to be alot of resentment towards the g/f...
    Yep, it ain't fair to you or the g/f, but being a teeneager and having to "put up" with Dad's g/f is a pretty tall order. Guess who's going to get the brunt of all the frustration and emotions???

Freak
    SpectraT. has is right. Totally ignore it. Don't fall into the ex's game.

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
    i like the idea of isolating you and your daughter. Give her a chance to say some things she wouldn't say in front of the g/f. and don't be afraid to ask the tough questions. my bet is she has a lot of hostility over the situation and doesn't quite know how to deal with it. i had resentment over my stepmom when i was a teenager and always wanted to air my feelings to my dad. i didn't have the guts to just come out with it. what i wanted was for him to ask me how i felt about it. to this day (and i am now 37) i feel like my feelings about the arrangement didnt matter. her feelings do matter even though its not going to change anything. she just needs to be heard.
    notalent- you into teenagers are ya???? j/k

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast