Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What to do next?

Beer-30
    i like the idea of isolating you and your daughter. Give her a chance to say some things she wouldn't say in front of the g/f. and don't be afraid to ask the tough questions. my bet is she has a lot of hostility over the situation and doesn't quite know how to deal with it. i had resentment over my stepmom when i was a teenager and always wanted to air my feelings to my dad. i didn't have the guts to just come out with it. what i wanted was for him to ask me how i felt about it. to this day (and i am now 37) i feel like my feelings about the arrangement didnt matter. her feelings do matter even though its not going to change anything. she just needs to be heard.
    notalent- you into teenagers are ya???? j/k
    EXACTLY. Take a walk with her and just find out what's driving the rudeness. Don't let her get away with the "forget-it" thing either. Pin down the problem and find a happy medium. You're dealing with 3 women......good luck, you're severely outnumbered.

Not So Fast
    Very treacherous ground here! Scenario-- 14 yr old girl has argument with Dad and runs out of house and not seen for 2 days. Pop finds out she is staying at boy friends so goes to retreive (sp) her and another argument breaks out. Pop takes his daughter by the arm and says you are coming home with me, situation deterioates and police come, daughter is now very indignant and has dad arrested. Police say they have no choice and take him to jail. No charges filed but what a mess. Hunington Beach Police, true story :frown: Be careful!! NSF

moneypit
    Solutions to most problems.... Kill em' with love and kindness. When they grow older they may come around.. I have seen the senario way too many times

barbigrl
    how old is your daughter??
    So how many arrests do you have under your belt for fratenizing with minors??

NOTALENT
    So how many arrests do you have under your belt for fratenizing with minors??
    damn..ur just on me today..I know u like to think about me but geez!! I was asking because my parents split up..and was gonna put in my input If I was able to relate to her age!!! Smart ass!! no really I mean it!

barbigrl
    damn..ur just on me today..I know u like to think about me but geez!! I was asking because my parents split up..and was gonna put in my input If I was able to relate to her age!!! Smart ass!! no really I mean it!
    I am soooo teasing you!!! I forgot to add some smiley faces!! :redface:
    Your 21..not a teenager!!!
    As for me I was the nice teenager to my step-mom......she is a B ITCH!!! She likes to pretend that my brother and I dont exist. I see her twice a year if that...x-mas and birthday. I am an adult now...so I dont care..but my brother is autistic..she makes zero effort! Sits on her lazy ass at home bitching to my dad that he needs to work more....he already works 80hrs a week. ok...I am on a rant now...very touchy subject for me...

Throttle
    how old is your daughter??
    just turned 16, attitude is everything (get rid of it).

BrendellaJet
    just turned 16, attitude is everything (get rid of it).
    buy her a car!!!!

Throttle
    How long have you been divorced??? Having experienced this from the kid's point of view, there is going to be alot of resentment towards the g/f...
    Yep, it ain't fair to you or the g/f, but being a teeneager and having to "put up" with Dad's g/f is a pretty tall order. Guess who's going to get the brunt of all the frustration and emotions???
    divorced, 1year 8mo. not counting though.
    i am however counting the time until her boyfriend gets started with his divorce after all this time and marries her, so I can stop the ali-money.

Dribble
    A co-worker once had the same problem with his 15 year old daughter. Here's what he did.
    He packed each of them a backpack and picked her up from school one Friday afternoon. Drove ten miles down a dirt road to a trail head that he knew of, threw her a backpack and said let's go. Hiked ten miles into a mountain lake with her crying and bitching the whole way (ruined her weekend plans). By the end of their three day outing, they were the best of friends and still are (daughter is now 30). Kind of radical but it worked for him.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast