Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What to do next?

Throttle
    SpectraT. has is right. Totally ignore it. Don't fall into the ex's game.
    yep, all game to the ex, she loves the battle. Because I wont fight with her she thinks I dont care about the kids. not, just dont want to fight.

NOTALENT
    I am soooo teasing you!!! I forgot to add some smiley faces!! :redface:
    Your 21..not a teenager!!!
    As for me I was the nice teenager to my step-mom......she is a B ITCH!!! She likes to pretend that my brother and I dont exist. I see her twice a year if that...x-mas and birthday. I am an adult now...so I dont care..but my brother is autistic..she makes zero effort! Sits on her lazy ass at home bitching to my dad that he needs to work more....he already works 80hrs a week. ok...I am on a rant now...very touchy subject for me...
    Dont forget next time...u hurt my feelings... :yuk: :rollside: Im sorry to hear that ur step mom was a gold digging B I T C H and that u had to deal with that..I was somewhat half fortunate..my step dad treated me better than my real dad..He made me what I am today...@ first it was weird but I was young when he came into my life..when I need a father most.My step mom however came into my life when I was 16..and I tell u It was so hard to exept her. It always felt like she was trying to replace my mom and her kids always came first..and then my dad got that way..put her kids first!! Very hard to cope with.. one thing that worked was my step dad sitting down to talk to me..the whole im not trying to replace ur dad speech...but the words he choose really made me believe it...i would suggest ur GF do that if she has not...I hope things work out..it may take sometime..

LAFD
    HAVE THE EX KILLED BUY LOTS OFF STUFF FOR DAUGHTER. WIN WIN SITUATION. :devil:

jbone
    I like Dribble's idea. Depending on how serious the GF is, someday she will have to accept her and be respectful. She may never like the GF, but respect is the key.
    J

Throttle
    HAVE THE EX KILLED BUY LOTS OFF STUFF FOR DAUGHTER. WIN WIN SITUATION. :devil:
    maybe karma will get her first

Tremor Therapy
    Man...where to start. My step daughters have treated me like shit for the past 15 years. But their father was a real pain in the ass, and would do anything to play games and make it difficult on me and their mother, and to some extent, them.
    So in the end, I ended up just trying to always stay cool. Not getting overly excited about anything, but showing enough emotion and attitude for them to know that I cared. The oldest left at 18, and has come back around to talking with her mother on a daily basis, the 17 year old is still finding her way, but we don't butt heads as much as we used too, because I always tried to keep a level head.
    One of the ways we would always short cut a lot of the smart ass remarks was to basically call them out on it. We would ask a question, they would smart off, and we would come off with a heart felt comment like,"well you are my daughter, and I do care about this. I want you to know that I am here to help you, and here to discuss the choices you might have." It used to piss them off...I mean you could see it in their faces, but we were not being coy, just acting like concerned parents.
    Do the same, be a concerned parent, and be cool when the games start. Like a lot of things, when the input gets no output, the input will change....hopefully better and not worse!

LAFD
    maybe karma will get her first
    OH. WELL THAT WOULD WORK TO.

Throttle
    I like Dribble's idea. Depending on how serious the GF is, someday she will have to accept her and be respectful. She may never like the GF, but respect is the key.
    J
    funny thing, I was just thinkin about dribles idea, I was wondering how she would respond to that???
    things could get serious with gf too.
    her mom is a big "respect person" so she claims, mom just does not see or believe (or listen) to the fact that daughter is acting this way with me (shes fine at home syndrome).

Throttle
    [QUOTE=
    Do the same, be a concerned parent, and be cool when the games start. Like a lot of things, when the input gets no output, the input will change....hopefully better and not worse! [/QUOTE]
    thanks

Throttle
    OH. WELL THAT WOULD WORK TO.
    sometimes I wish it did.
    however when ex would wish me dead I would always remind her, "careful what you wish for, me dead means you no get paid each month anymore!"

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast