Gotcha. So let me rephrase my original question a little. If I find that the crank is internally balanced, do I need a balancer? I was looking at SFI approved balancers for a Ford - Holy Crap they are expensive. So if I can get away with not having one that would be great. Anyway, since I know nothing about Fords, when do you know if you need a counter weight? Does it just go in place of a balancer? On a side note, the boat is still forsale at $4500. If your in California, I can meet you in Blythe or something. I got the crappy "The Chosen" off the sides and the strange saying that was on the transom, and the ugly splatter paint off the boat today. Starting to look better. Now if I can get it running that would be nice. I would like to sell it to someone in CA because the numbers are painted on. Won't take but a few minutes to get them off, but they are in good shape. So I would rather leave them alone. Going to try to get it rewired tomorrow. Need to get this balancer junk figured out so I can get it started. Thanks for the info.