Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: pretty cool

Aluminum Squirt
    I'm all about new stuff too, but ugly is ugly. He does build beautiful skis. Let's leave the aluminum boats to the professionals in Canada and a couple lesser known people in Oregon, Washington, and Idaho-Aluminum Squirt

Mr.&Mrs.Budlight
    I live to think outside the box but, Tacobell wouldn't have anything to do with that "boat" Budlight

Lake Ape
    Hey that yellow boat is one hell of a racer, very popular in Europe. My dad has the big brother for sale right now on iboats.com
    http://www.thebrokerageshop.com/site...l_dsc00416.jpg
    Bat Boat! (http://www.iboats.com/cgi-bin/marine...gi?id=39627-ad)

Do you know much about Cole Hulls? I have been trying to find the history of my boat, but since the company is longer around I can not talk to him about it. Before they shut down, I went in and talked with him and he pulled out a photo book of them building my hull in 88 and told me it was built for Jacuzzi jet pumps to try out some new pumps, and then it went to Maine and then to Big Bear, CA. I have been trying to track down the story for 5 years. Do you know of a good place to start??
    cole13,
    when I was working at Howards, the new owners partner was a long time Cole employee. His name is Brett Park. I can't recall the exact year when Howard sold to them, so I don't know if Brett was at Cole when your boat was built. I was at Howard in 90-92 or somewhere around there. I've been looking through my stuff to find Parks number but I can't find it. He's a rep for a fiberglass company now. The last time I talked with him was about 3 years ago to get some measurements for a v-drive. He was an outstanding v-drive guy.
    If I find his #, I'll PM it to you. If he doesn't know about the hull, I'd bet he can put you in touch with someone who does.
    Sorry I couldn't help ya out.........

Squirtin Thunder
    how can a guy that builds some of the most beautiful wood water skis on the planet come up with that thing?
    Rich,
    I wish I had some of the pics of the ugly boats Bobby has made over the years. It seems that he really likes the Lego style design. For years he had this big ugly red seven hull thing that was a great ski boat but wass ****in ugly. His skis are still totaly awesome. Two years ago, I had the opportunity to spend some time in his shop and saw that boat being put together and I was just in Ug at the site of it. But it would make a good sprint boat, a good Jet sprint boat that is. They turn flippin awesome. See ya !!!
    Jim

lake ape,
    yeah, I remember in the early 90s when that yellow boat hit the scene. It was/is very fast.
    That boat of your dads is kinda wild looking too. I kinda like it. lol

cole13
    lake ape,
    yeah, I remember in the early 90s when that yellow boat hit the scene. It was/is very fast.
    thanks for your help. I was reading a post by extreme boats, and seeing if they may know also.

they, extreme boats, made a smart ass remark about Brett I wasn't too happy about. I'm sure you'll see it if you look long enough.

Lake Ape
    lake ape,
    The yellow boat and my dad's is an Armada, currently the molds are rotting away somewhere in Florida on thunder row. BTW my dad's boat is a POS! Damnd thing fell apart the first time out. I think the drive fell off. The guy who built it went bankrupt while building the boat. When it was built my dad said he wanted the floor gel coated green, when he got it wasn't so the guy just used a roller and rolled on green gel coat, that's why the it has carpet in it now. He also screwed up the motor install and didn't leave enough clearance for the motor so he just notched the cover. The hull and cap have seperated so many times it ain't even funny. One boat that was built the same time my dad's was actually fell apart on the way to the islands off the Florida Coast. It literally broke in half. Don't buy it, LOL! The hull was a very good/fast design though.

AZKC
    Couldn't you lease those Bat Boats for Offshore racing, it was like 50 G's for the weekend.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast