Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Air tool Q

dmontzsta
    Cool D,
    I got the same setup 6 months ago or so.
    I built a compressor room outside on the back of the garage for it. Drywall, insulation, solid core door, the whole nine yards. Thing runs perfect, and at midnight you can't even here it run. Beats listening to my oilless compressor, anyone want to buy it?
    You will be happy with that setup.
    The best thing is the whole unit is made in the USA. All the shit at sears was china crap. Go figure. I bought an axe last week, I finally found one at Lowes that was made in the USA. Sears, Home depot....all china shit. I was pissed.
    Brian
    My .02, run bigger lines out of the compressor though.
    Awesome set up, wish I could build a compressor room, but the side of the house is pretty tight. It is Made in the USA huh? that is good to know...I didnt even check on that. What all do you use your compressor for?

wsuwrhr
    Awesome set up, wish I could build a compressor room, but the side of the house is pretty tight. It is Made in the USA huh? that is good to know...I didnt even check on that. What all do you use your compressor for?
    Yep, on the paperwork, the compressor pump, and I think it says it on the tank and motor also.
    Everything else I looked at was China shit. Cast iron twin cylinder. I have had zero problems with it, I ran the oil recommended on the parerwork, synthetic, and I change it once a month.
    I use the compressor for everything in the shop, it is plumbed throughout the garage. Most of the air is used by the mill, since it uses air to do the tool changes, and everywhere else there are air hoses and couplers.

wsuwrhr
    My camera has some issues, when I get it fixed, it I will snap some shots of the building and post them.
    Brian

dmontzsta
    My camera has some issues, when I get it fixed, it I will snap some shots of the building and post them.
    Brian
    Cool, I look forward to seeing them.

dmontzsta
    Yep, on the paperwork, the compressor pump, and I think it says it on the tank and motor also.
    Everything else I looked at was China shit. Cast iron twin cylinder. I have had zero problems with it, I ran the oil recommended on the parerwork, synthetic, and I change it once a month.
    I use the compressor for everything in the shop, it is plumbed throughout the garage. Most of the air is used by the mill, since it uses air to do the tool changes, and everywhere else there are air hoses and couplers.
    Now when you say plumbed throughout the garage, what do you mean? I hear people talking about that, but dont know what they mean.
    Thanks

Now when you say plumbed throughout the garage, what do you mean? I hear people talking about that, but dont know what they mean.
    Thanks
    Don, Alot of guys will plumb their shop for air so they have multiple outlets and hoses at different locations in the shop. Just like plumbing a house for water. It saves time and the trouble of dragging a hose thru the shop and having to use long hoses. I use PVC pipe with cement weld fittings. Be sure to get the PVC that has a high pressure and temp rating. Compressed air gets hot. Also a good water seperator will do wonders, your new air tools will thank you.

GofastRacer
    I run PVC all the way around my shop with fittings every 6 feet, I hate air hoses laying all over the place, it's just like extention cords you end up tripping all over them all the time!. Oh and a drop of Marvel in the tools once in a while keeps them nice and lubricated!..

dmontzsta
    Thanks for filling me in. I dont think I need to get that crazy yet, since I have a two car garage and my 50' hose reaches down to my driveway and the street.
    BTW: Taking off lug nuts is so effortless now, before I would be out there with a star in the heat cranking away on them.

wsuwrhr
    Don, Alot of guys will plumb their shop for air so they have multiple outlets and hoses at different locations in the shop. Just like plumbing a house for water. It saves time and the trouble of dragging a hose thru the shop and having to use long hoses. I use PVC pipe with cement weld fittings. Be sure to get the PVC that has a high pressure and temp rating. Compressed air gets hot. Also a good water seperator will do wonders, your new air tools will thank you.
    Yea what he said.
    I have coiled hoses hanging from the ceiling for blowing off parts.
    Brian

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12