Thread: NJBA races next weekend ...

Hey all ... getting my engine back in the boat tomorrow, fresh and ready to go after blowing the cylinder wall in #8 out last race (while I was running John Swanson as he kicked my a** w/ a 213 mph pass).
    Hope to see you all out there. For you IHBAers ... come out and test and tune your boats before Red Bluff ...
    Weather looks like it's going to be nice, for those who are going ... stop by and have a cold one!
    Brian

Brian, is NJBA considering running the Kboats at any events? I think we could get a a good number of boats to run. (6-8)
    Tony

Im in, Ill be tearing all my lake boat sh*t out over the next few days.Im running PGJ and 9.0-9.50, and I know of 2 new guys showing up to run RR, both should be good runnin boats.
    Busby, I paid my entry fee for last race, but never showed up, how does the rain check deal work?
    Thanks

Tony, I had spoken to Billy at the beginning of the season about running them and he said he would get back with me ... I never heard back from him. He was going to let me know how many wanted to come and when ... that way I could take it to the board and get it approved. As you know, we have plenty of time to fill lately ... so let me know.
    Chris,
    Call Roger Roadstrom @ (562) 431-4784 ... he handles all of the entries/rainchecks. If you tell him you're coming ... he'll have a packet ready for you at registration. Or you can find me in the pits after Thursday afternoon & I'll walk it through for you. By the way are you coming over to get your new anchor this weekend? I'll be in the garage focking with the hydro all weekend if you want.
    Anyone else coming? (to the races that is, not my garage ... if others are coming the the house, I'll need to get more beer).
    Brian

Oh yeah Chris ... cell phone for directions ... (714) 448-4345, call before you swing by to make sure I'm not on a parts run.
    BB

Brian, I will get with Billy and talk to the others at Red Bluff. It would be a great way to fill some time and entertain some people. I am coming over to your garage.
    Tony

Busby, im tied up for the first part of tomorrow, possibly the whole day, ill do my best to get over there tomorrow afternoon. ill call first.
    thanks for everything. its great to get all this info here on the forums. THANKS!!
    CS

Tony ... let me know when you guys want to run, possibly September?
    Chris ... no biggie, it's yours whenever.
    Tony again ... you & all are always welcome in the garage ... just call in advance so I can put some on ice & tell the wife so she can get enough stuff so she can BBQ for us!

sdpm
    Hey Brian, I know your boat must run faster than 155mph. How do you get away with that without a capsule?

Take away gear and blower ... it sucks. :yuk:
    But, at 155 ... it's pretty fast, so I have to deal with the rule. The crappy part is dialing a 7 second pass at 155, normally you'll end up at 160-165.
    Solwing a hydro down on the big end is dangerous, once you start taking power away ... you lean back off of the sponsons, this starts a real wicked ride ... bouncing back and forth from tail to sponson, in theory, you should be under power completely to keep the thrust on the nose, therefore keeping the sponsons touching the water, slowing us down just makes it a little more dangerous ... I have brought this up at the board meetings, I think 165 is safer in a hydro than 145 in a jet ... their answer is, "step up ... you'll be safer in a capsule".
    Well, in my world ... $15,000 is a lot to throw into a sport I am already loosing money in, crap, I just spent $5,000 going through my motor to get back to this race!!!!!!!!!!! So, I will take blower and gear away and be a good boy and run 7.30's at 150 - 155 and hope to beat the other 7.0 second boat to the finish line.
    Brian