Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: stuffer to impeller clearance.

Jake W2
    Steel you do not have to pay for a 250 cone shaped Billet CP Preformance one you can get a cone shaped cast one from Duane at HTP for about 85 bucks.
    I am not sure about cutting the imp nose either but there is alot of diffrent ways you could get your clerances.I would think you would need to machine the shaft cut the insulator edge off set the imp clerance and take off what you would need off the stuffer.That would close it up front and back dont you think?
    Jake

I would not recommend machining anything off your impeller to move it, because any time you need to change impellers, you'll have to machine the new one. :coffeycup
    Good call steel.
    All these guys hack on the impellers to make something stupid like a stuffer fit correctly. Trim the freakin stuffer and leave the impeller and bowl alone, when you go and hack on the impeller here and there it just makes more problems later on down the road. I have one in my boat that has been trimmed here and there, pretty soon its a one off deal and you cannot switch impellers with your buds cause is so modified.
    Set the front clearance, measure the impeller height, check the bowl depth, fit a stuffer in the gap, its that simple.

Duane HTP
    A polyurethane "Ultimate Stuffer" would be an interesting idea.
    This is funny. We made them about 15 years ago and they worked just fine. I still even have some of them on the shelf. We do feel though, that the cast machinable stuffers are a little easier to work with and set up correctly. They are made to fit a Berkeley, American Turbine, Dominator or Aggressor bowl. But like said above, don't cut the impeller or the bowl to make them fit. Machine the stuffer itself to get the right fit. Here are pictures of it.
    http://www.hi-techperformance.com/im...r_Plate_FT.jpg
    http://www.hi-techperformance.com/im...r_Plate_BK.jpg
    I like to see .015-.020" clearance between the bowl and the stuffer.

sdpm
    I like to see .015-.020" clearance between the bowl and the stuffer
    Don't you mean impeller and stuffer?

Duane HTP
    Absoultely! Thanks for the correction. My wife says I need corrected quite often.

steelcomp
    Absoultely! Thanks for the correction. My wife says I need corrected quite often.
    You mean "need correcting" or "to be corrected"...
    (sorry...couldn't resist)

sdpm
    I'm right there with ya! Sucks getting old!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12