Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Wicked Performance Boats !!!!

Wicked Performance Boats
    I'm not missing any point, if anyone is missing something it's you. I mentioned Scotton because he is the EXCEPTION to the rule of boat building without a glass shop or any shop at all for that matter. When he'd place an order he was like a mother hen from the minute the molds were waxed to the day he pulled in and took delivery of the hull. I'm talking about at advantage when I was GM there, I don't know how things are done with him now but knowing how concerned he is with his product, I'd bet it's the same. He would be there for everystep of the process, making sugestions, changes, whatever, to the point of almost being a pain in the ass to have around. He knew, and we knew, that he'd still get the same results if he were there or not. The 'point' is he was there. The point is he knew exactly what was done with each hull. We did stuff for other builders, almost every shop I worked at did outside work for someone. They would never show the interest that he did/does. Fill the order and pick up the boat. There's nothing wrong with that at all, like we've be talking about here, that's seems to be the way things are done now. But for me, I'd rather deal with a builder that does everything in house. If I had a question about the lay up, I'd like to be walked through the door into the lamanation room and showed the answer to it. I don't think I'd like to get a puzzled looked from the guy and then be told 'well I don't really know cause my molds are 40 miles away at so-and so's shop so I'll put a call into him and get back with you later'. What's the 'point' to that? If you don't have a problem with doing biz like that that's fine. I think a lot of people feel the same as you. I liked the idea of walking a customer through the process from begining to end and I think there are certain buyers that do like that one on one relationship with the boat builder. It sounds like the budlights have every intention to build the best boat they can, I wish nothing but sucess for them. Like I said before, there's always room for quality.
    As far as hulls failing, you need to get out more. Even though I've been out of the boat deal for 10 years now I still have a few friends that are in it and more importantly, a few that own repair shops. I still see the same types of things go wrong that happened to hulls 10, 20, 30 years ago. You gotta check out the repair shops to see how good new boats are being built, just like walking through the service dept at a car dealer before you buy a new car, it's no different. Stuff happens and sometimes it fails. But to say it doesn't happen anymore is wrong.
    Old Rigger, If that had been our experience, we would not be going into business for ourselves. A deal in writing, is a DEAL. Most good people in business will honor their written agreement! I know I will always. I Think this builder now has now other interests and building boats is now on the back burner. I waited for 8 months for my boat while he held $1,000 of my money!! You know it's amazing. After all this. I know there are diehard fans and diehard enemies after dealing with this manufacturer, for this boat. I was one[fan]!!! But. old rigger[no disrespect intended] That was then and now is now. It was not me who chose to not honor our agreement. I was still patiently waiting for my boat. So, not only did he not HONOR the Contract but INCREASED the price. Hoping to A. get me to pay more! B. Give me the chance to get out of the contract, so he wouldn't have to honor it. I think that he chose B!!!! He never stayed on top of it. I know because I did, even I, live the same distance away! I knew more about it than he did! I just didn't tell him I was keeping tabs on it. It was my baby. My wife gave it to me for my birthday present. It was special. Now I have something that worked out for the better ,But, The stress took its toll on me over that. We will do everything under our power to make each customer and their special boat everything they want it to be . Honor is Everything !!!!! Budlight WPB

Wicked Performance Boats
    I'm sorry I got up on my bandstand. I just feel strongly about it when I'm not treated fairly. Most people would not like to keep reading a thread full of negative thoughts, me either, so lets move on. " Good things are yet to come, Move on from the past, It's over and done!!!!! Budlight

cole13
    what is the status with these boats?

Wicked Performance Boats
    We have not secured a layup facility or decided if I shall lay them up myself. I will keep you all informed. This is a bad time of year to get cooperation from any boat layup facility. Thanks for your interest. Mr. & Mrs. Budlight :boxed:

you mean like when a guy lays up a really beautiful light picklefork and rigs it with all brand new stuff, and the brand new bowl blows to pieces on the second pass???
    don't mean to pick on anyone here danny, but -shit- can happen to (or be laid on) experienced pros too. rigger is worried about who's laying up the hull? why? how many hull failures are there? i haven't seen too many of those lately. but i've sure seen shrapnel flyin' once too many times. i know what pieces i'd be focusing on if i really wanted a reliable boat.
    So Bob, If you thought you were a nuclear physicist, you would have some idea about the falier of a "AGRESSOR" bowl.
    In the interum of this faliar, the boat (ROGER SAYLES) has run 9.26 ET on pump fuel (92oct.) @ Phoenix.
    You wish you had the beans to go that quick!
    B4 you talk shizzle you better be able to cover your tizzle.
    You aught ta think about about what you say b4 you say it on the boards.
    you aint jesus' cristo's,...so remember that your fellow racers are your friends,...remember what i said!
    (yes, i am a cheerleader!)
    TODD

The brown/tan edge? 9.26 @ firebird? No NOS? On pump gas?
    Not to shabby! Somebody definatly found something in that set up, I wanna say he was running low 10's and high 9s at Ming? Thought I saw an SE (11 sec.) sticker on it, if I remember correctly.
    My hats off to whoever found .75 of a second, and to be able to run that well at Firebird.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910