Thread: msd advance stop

victorfb
    what advance stop are you guys running in your pro billet distributors? i know they come stock with the blue bushing which allows 21 degrees advance and the next is siver bushing at 25 degrees, then red at 28 degrees advance. all of which would determine initial timing, so is it best to go with the least amount of initial and most amount of advance curve?(red bushing) im thinking with red bushing and wanting 36 degrees total and setting intial at 8 degrees. seems a little low for initial so im asking. thanks for any imput.

BK
    what advance stop are you guys running in your pro billet distributors? i know they come stock with the blue bushing which allows 21 degrees advance and the next is siver bushing at 25 degrees, then red at 28 degrees advance. all of which would determine initial timing, so is it best to go with the least amount of initial and most amount of advance curve?(red bushing) im thinking with red bushing and wanting 36 degrees total and setting intial at 8 degrees. seems a little low for initial so im asking. thanks for any imput.
    All depends on your setup. My motor likes alot of initial and wont idle worth the crap without it so im using the black bushing witch is 18 deg and running 16 deg initial. Id just find out were it idles best then put the appropriate bushing in for your total.

Danhercules
    Lock it out. There are quite a few on here doing so. I am gonna look for the thread.

spectras only
    I have an LS-6 with the pro billet dist. They come with the black stop installed. I use 8 degree initial and the red stop ,giving a total 36 deg.