Took my pump apart today just to check the health of the wear ring and back bushings and such. Well the wear ring and the wear surface looked pretty good. No chips or dings on the impeller blades anywhere. But on looking a bit closer there is a hairline crank in one of the impeller blades. It's an
Aggressor B almost a year old to the day. The date stamped on it is 2004 may 10. So I called Duane from HTP (which is where I got it) and let him know that I'll be needing to order another one. But apparently he doesn't have any in stock right now. I'm pretty God Damn sure the crack is not from abuse, but rather a weak spot in the casting. The crack is within an 1/8" of the ouside diameter where it connects to the inside of the wear ring surface. The visible crack is about 1" long but that whole edge looks pretty thin to me, like it's been ground out too much or something to remove casting flaws I suppose. But the damn thing looks great other than that. I'm sure I could have it repaired, but I don't think it's worth risking my pump for a $300 part. If that blade cracked, I'm sure another one could and will too.
Has anyone else had this problem with an Aggressor tenzaloy impeller? Should I look at another, like Berk, AT, or something? I'm a damn loyal customer when It comes to brands and such, but when I get burned once I have a hard time just slappin the same brand in again. That little crack could have been potentially fatal to the jet pump if I hadn't been bored and pulled the pump apart. :hammer2:
In any case, Duane said he might be able to discount one for me but he won't know till next week if he can get one shipped out. This sumbitch is going in the water come hell or high water next weekend. I'll have to get one before the coming work week is over. Any suggestions?
I need a berk A or equivalent. Help!
thanks for reading this piece of crap,
Nick
By the way, I'm not suggesting it's Duane's fault and he should replace it. No way in hell would I expect someone to warrantee a part that goes through god only knows what kind of abuse for a year. I just want to get the god damn boat back in the water. :squiggle: