Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: tahiti carribean

tahiti tim
    i just bought this boat, anyone know anything about them?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=80653

Wicked Performance Boats
    Don't know anything about them but that's a killer deal, parts are worth more than $2,000 Budlight

steelcomp
    Wow, that's a killer deal. 19', Big Block Chev, split bowl Berk, and full length stringers all on a Competitive trailer!! That's a pretty good foundation for a nice boat if it's in decent structural condition. I think whoever designed that interior was on 'shrooms!

steelcomp
    Don't know anything about them but that's a killer deal, parts are worth more than $2,000 Budlight
    Wicked Performance Boats.....you're going to have to shorten that name, Bud.

Jake W2
    Yea that hull was made/designed by Spectra then Tahiti and Elininator its a good hull but being a Tahiti it is probely heavy and has some hook in the bottom.Looks like you got a good deal.
    Jake

Wicked Performance Boats
    How about " Wickperfboats" Budlite

Heatseeker
    I had an 85 Caribbean for 5 years. Mine was an open motor deal. It was great boat, strong, sturdy and yes a little heavy. The bottom did have substantial hook, which I never dealt with. With a blower atop the original 454, I got her up to 78 MPH(before blowing the poor mill to smithereens).
    And I'd love to have my old Competitive trailer back! A much nicer unit than the Giroux under my Roger's.
    I think you'll be happy with your new boat.

BobbyB
    being a Tahiti it is probely heavy and has some hook in the bottom.
    Jake,
    What exactly is the "hook"?
    I have heard the term used before, and I'm not sure I know what it means.
    -C77

Yea that hull was made/designed by Spectra then Tahiti and Elininator its a good hull but being a Tahiti it is probely heavy and has some hook in the bottom.Looks like you got a good deal.
    Jake
    actually, Jerry Gilbredth (whos dad started Gil marine) owned the molds after spectra was done with them. He leased them out, but not to tahiti. they just splashed it.

Jake W2
    Rich Tahiti splashing something I dont belive it.
    Custom 77 hook is just what it implies a hook shaped bottom on the boat.It will need to be filled and strightned the last 4 feet and out two strakes to make the hull run to its potential.
    Jake

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast