Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: tahiti carribean

Jake W2
    Rich I was talking about 77s daycruzer I assumed it was a Tahiti mabey its not I was not talking about the Spectra splash.
    Jake

I thought Dick still worked for Tahiti even after he sold it and was still taking materials in the later 70 as you have said befor.
    I thought the put them in the sun to hurry up the cureing procress back then to pop out more?
    Was I wrong about any thing else.
    Jake
    I never said that. I said that he back doored material to start Hawaiian which was started in 74, looooooooong before that tahiti that started this thread was built.
    We very rarely would burn two parts out of the same mold in one day. At tahiti and hawaiian we had up to 3 molds for some models. having said that, one day in a mold is nothing to get to excited about . lol
    I worked for 6 months at galaxie, and they would every day pull parts and put them in the sun. I once saw 3 boats out of one mold in one 8 hour work day. Piece of craps.
    I had the 29th tahiti built up until a few years ago. The lay up on that boat was one of the best I've ever owned. the keel was over an inch thick. Very nice boat. Schuster was a laminator before he stated Tahiti and knew his shit. He layed up some very fast, state of the art Powercats in the early 60s.
    But in the long run, who fockin cares.

Jake W2
    OK I got it sorry I messed up your info.
    Your info is great thanks for sharing it with us.So you could say some hulls might have a hook from setting them in the sun just not a Tahiti.I said some general statments and you asumed I ment just Tahiti sorry for the mixup.
    Jake

77 they did not design it that way it is from pulling the hull to fast of setting it in the sun to cure quicker ect.
    Jake
    I didn't asume anything. You said the above, and I guess I took it as you had the the inside scoop on how things were done at tahiti, (or any shop) and because you said what you did, it came off that that was the general practice at tahiti. It wasn't. I'm not saying it never happened, maybe it did. but as a rule, with the giant shop that we had, nothing was ever out in the sun, not the parts, not the molds, not the boats. The building was huge and before that one was built we had 3 giant buildings that did the same when it came to keeping the parts out of the sun. Did tahitis have hook? duh. did it happen from pushing the parts in the sun, no. it came form the reasons I said eariler.

Jake W2
    You win no inside scoop here.I understand Tahitis did not get hook from the sun.
    Jake

BobbyB
    77 I like the cruzer in the pic I am trying to find one and have been for a while no luck yet.
    Where are you located so we can help with a place.
    Jake
    Thanks Jake. I live in Torrance, CA (it's kinda near Long Beach). I bought it a couple of years back from a guy in the LBC. I thougt it was a CUSTOM due to the pink slip (hence my screen name), but I figured out it's a CHARGER. I actually posted a thread on the SPECTRAMARINE BOARDS for OLDRIGGER. I will assume that the OLDRIGGER on this thread is the same. I was inquiring about any info regarding CHARGER CUSTOM BOATS in Westminster California? It was owned/run by a BILL RUSSELL I think or a RUSSELL MFG. I'm trying to track down a little history on my boat. ANy input?

BobbyB
    What make you think they were shoved in the sun?
    By the way, dick schuster had nothing to do with his boat either. He sold out long before his boat was made to Bell inc. His Tahiti was built by Hardin.
    Are we talking about my boat? :rollside:

Jake W2
    I dont know any thing about them.Seams like there is a few types of these cruzers.Spectra ,Cambell,Southwind.I am sure there is more I doubt Charger made their own design?Rich will probely know something about them.
    Jake

BobbyB
    I dont know any thing about them.Seams like there is a few types of these cruzers.Spectra ,Cambell,Southwind.I am sure there is more I doubt Charger made their own design?Rich will probely know something about them.
    Jake
    It's definately a SPECTRA-splash. I have more pics.
    Boat Project Pics (http://community.webshots.com/user/blevx1)

spectras only
    Custom, this is a 24 Charger I probably posted on spectramarine already .Very close to spectra but different when side by side.
    http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/charger24.2.jpg

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast