Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Best Price On Cst Lift Kits!!!!!!

ItsOnly$
    O.K.----I have a 05 2500HD 4X4 Duramax long bed crew cab. I put the 9"-11" CST with 20" wheels and 38" tires. I went with Fox dual shock front and single shock rear. I also put soft springs on for the comfort ride. The truck hops on some bad freeways. It rides great on newer hwys and real nice around town. I added air bags for support when towing. I've been in a 04 1500 4x4 with a 6" Fabtech lift. The ride sucked compared to my truck. My buddy has a 03 Ford 1 ton crew cab shortbed with a 3" lift. The ride is worse than the 1500 chevy. I'm very happy with the ride on my truck. If I wanted a Cadillac ride I would have bought a Cadillac. :idea: I wanted a 4X4 that I could pull 9000 lbs, take off road, drive to work a few days a week and look good while doing all. I think I got all I wanted!! I would post a pic, but I have NO clue how to do that.

KROOZIN
    Off-Road Unlimited (www.Offroadunlimited.com) in Burbank swaps in solid front axles (very nice) they also install all the standard stuff too. I've had great luck there for many years.
    I have a RCD 6" with 37's on my 2500HD....a little trimming up front and a little rub when I turn sharp and hit a dip. It rides great.

RiverDave
    Just remember, any lift kit you put on your truck will make it ride like shit. I would go with a four link on the rear with bags and it will ride better than stock. <----thats my next step
    That's not necesarrily true. Not sure if Donahoe racing makes one for this application, but Danny (BadBlown572) had his truck lifted by them (FastTimmy) on the boards, and the thing rides like a cadillac. F-250 turbo diesel.
    RD

Up 4 River
    Here are (2) pics of my 6" CST lift, w/dual shock hoops and Bilstein 5100's. Done by Accessory House in Montclair, and very happy
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...94IMGP1202.jpg http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...94IMGP1203.jpg
    This may be a dumb question, but why the dual schocks? Also are those 20" wheels? If so how much do those tires run? I have 20's right now but don't know pricing on the bigger wheels.
    Thanks

El Chingon
    I have also been shopping lifts for my '04 chevy 2500HD Longbed 2wd.Looking at 6" lift w/ 315/70/17.Trying to decide between the RCD and CST. Leaning towards the 6"CST. Best quote i got for just the CST lift was $2100 installed without shocks. Trying to decide between the Bilstein 5100 or 5150 or go with the rancho 9000's.They also quoted me $2100 for the 6" RCD with the bilstein 5100 shocks. BTW in Azusa. Wondering if i need the bags and leafs? 29 Magic is in havasu so it only does the 24 mile roundtrip to the launch and back home.

INSman
    I have also been shopping lifts for my '04 chevy 2500HD Longbed 2wd.Looking at 6" lift w/ 315/70/17.Trying to decide between the RCD and CST. Leaning towards the 6"CST. Best quote i got for just the CST lift was $2100 installed without shocks. Trying to decide between the Bilstein 5100 or 5150 or go with the rancho 9000's.They also quoted me $2100 for the 6" RCD with the bilstein 5100 shocks. BTW in Azusa. Wondering if i need the bags and leafs? 29 Magic is in havasu so it only does the 24 mile roundtrip to the launch and back home.
    Make sure you give Steve a call at The Accessory House in Montclair for a quote on your project (909) 621-5953 and tell him Blane sent you.
    The Bilsteins are much nicer than the Rancho's in my opinion and you can get them valved to your preference. I think the 5100's looked cleaner than the 5150's and there may have been another reason why I did not get them.

INSman
    This may be a dumb question, but why the dual schocks? Also are those 20" wheels? If so how much do those tires run? I have 20's right now but don't know pricing on the bigger wheels.
    Thanks
    Why the dual shocks, heck I don't know ?? The Duramax and Allison tranny is pretty damn heavy and the dual shocks look better !!
    Actually, I bought the truck already lifted and the rims and tires came along, so I have no idea how much the tires were as I have not had to replace them (yet). The truck did come with A Fab-Tech lift kit, that I hated and had replaced with the CST. Sorry I could not help more.

sigepmock
    I have a few lifted trucks and getting ready to do it over again on an 05 DMax 4x4. For the IFS trucks CST, Cognito, and RCD are very nice. RCD is a little less heavy duty but also cheaper and includes Bilstein 5100 shocks. I have the 6" kit currently on my 03 2500HD and it rides nice and has been very reliable but I did manage to break the upper ball joints lose but that was my fault. I am currently looking at the CST 6" for my 05 DMax(on the way I hope this month). The CST and Cognito lifts are super strong and come with the updated steering components to fix the stock pitman/idle arm problem(I had to add it to my RCD lift). SoCalHD had his truck recently done by SoCal Super trucks and they did a bitchen job of installing the CST 6-8" kit and he went as far as to add double bypass Fox shocks all the way around(SUPER PIMP) that thing rides like a LT car. As far as the F250's and 350's the Donohoe kit is the ONLY way to go. Hands down the best kit out there.
    If you want to get a fair price for either the CST or Donohoe kit call Jason Riley at Rancho Motorsports in Rancho Cucamonga. (909) 390-9722. He is a ***boat friend and will give you a straight answer and hopefully the best price. Tell him Chris Mock sent ya.....but that could work for ya or against ya :rollside: .
    Socal Supertrucks is also a great choise for CST lifts.
    Last thing, no offense to anyone here, but dual shocks are a waste of money and if attached to the upper a-arms can cuase excessive wear. Ever seen a race truck with shocks attached to the upper a-arms??? I didn't think so. Spend the money on a good SINGLE shock and attach it to the lower a-arm/control arm, even if it means having to add a custom upper shock mount.
    Just my $.02,
    Chris

THATJEFFGUY
    Hey brotha...what do CST's make for Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew's? Originally I was looking to put 37's on, but was told a 6" wouldn't cut it, would have to lift the body which I didn't want to do. I would have needed 2" spacers or something. If I went 35's (which I still think looks nice), what's it gonna run?
    What year ??

Newcastle
    What year ??
    '04...I'll see if I have a pic avail...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast