Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Laveycraft info?

LAVEYSABRE575
    congrats. welcome to the lavey family...derek

Havasu_Dreamin
    Any reason Lavey does not continue the base gel coat colors down to the keel?

RiverToysJas
    Any reason Lavey does not continue the base gel coat colors down to the keel?
    They will do whatever you'd like. I can't speak for everyone, but I personal specified that I wanted the color to stop at the edge of the bottom, and not wrap under the boat at all. It was my call. I think it looks better. I've seen other boats (by other builders) with color continueing under the nose, but I don't like it. Esp with my flames.
    RTJas

CBLavey
    Congratulations and welcome to the family! We have the same boat with a 6.2. Remember the little things, like a drive shower, transom trim switch, midship cleats. The offshore shifter is really cool. The most important choice beyond power may be the interior...we left out the jump seats and went with the wakeboard storage instead. The hatch cover is extended an additional 18" or so which gives you a deep storage well that runs the whole width of the boat from hatch to deck. Its plenty big to house wakeboards, chairs, etc. plus the engine hatch is mush longer so there's more room for sunning - or other stuff...
    Jeff and Chris were also great guys to work with!

pixrthis
    Just ordered a Lavey 21 XTski with 496 mag. Any tips, suggestions on xtras/options that should be done ahead of time? Stereo, prewire, guages....How was your experience with them?
    I had a 21XTC and put tabs on it so I didn't have to tell people where to sit, the boats very weight sensitive. They also made it a way better ski boat. I also like the offshore engine mounts so the thing never goes out of alignment. It's one of the best 21's built, congrats.

rvrhlic
    Check out Mandelon's boat, It has really clean graphics (the best, I think). It also has the 496 HO. The 21 is a bigger boat too generally wha tthe other manufacturers are calling a 23.

2007 Laveycraft 2750 highvoltagehands's Avatar
    Hey everyone, thanks for all the good pointers so far, you're awesome. Keep em coming and look for me July 4th at Lake Tahoe and the Regatta!
    HVH Out!

Havasu_Dreamin
    They will do whatever you'd like. I can't speak for everyone, but I personal specified that I wanted the color to stop at the edge of the bottom, and not wrap under the boat at all. It was my call. I think it looks better. I've seen other boats (by other builders) with color continueing under the nose, but I don't like it. Esp with my flames.
    RTJas
    I'm sure they would do whatever you like. Was just curious as some of the best gel designs, and execution of said design, I've seen have been on Lavey's. However, IMHO when there is so much white at the front, when there is a non-white base color, it detracts from the looks. As an example, the 2750 Poker Run edition that was in Powerboat a year or so ago. Yellow base, awesome graphics and color combination, looks silly with all the white towards the bow. But, that's just my opinion.

hotlavey
    I had a 21XTC and put tabs on it so I didn't have to tell people where to sit, the boats very weight sensitive. They also made it a way better ski boat. I also like the offshore engine mounts so the thing never goes out of alignment. It's one of the best 21's built, congrats.
    I also owned a 21xtc with the HP500. Awesome boat but tabs were a must over 70-75. I replaced it after 4 years with the 2750 also with the HP500 EFI. I have since added a Whipple. Awesome boat. It was the cover boat on Hot Boat Mag Jan 03. I love it.
    Congrats on yours, you made a great decision.
    Tom

ACLC
    Lets keep this thread going, let's see some more pics.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast