Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does your trailer have a spare tire?

boater72
    Boat trailer always have a spare. Race car trailer we have three spares and have used all three one time. Also have a ramp we drive up on so we don't have to use jack.

Hal
    Wheel City in Corona will fix you up with a spare. Talk to Eddie or Robert.

Dusty Times
    I carry a spare tire and a spare hub with packed bearings, seal, and bearing buddy. I hate having problems on the way to relax.

Havasu Hangin'
    I carry a spare tire and a spare hub with packed bearings, seal, and bearing buddy. I hate having problems on the way to relax.
    And a few beers to drink while you wait for the bad one to cool down?

Kim Hanson
    No, I don't carry spares! Look at you tires and pack your bearings good...bearing buddys...really aren't !I lost one taking my boat to storage and the only thing that let me get there, was ice from the cooler...long trip for 20 miles at 10mph. I will try them again, just to see if they work better than packing them...but its the doing it thats the piece of mind towing...I have never had a flat on one of my trailers, from the RV to the boats...Lucky, I guess!.........( . )( . )..........

Dusty Times
    And a few beers to drink while you wait for the bad one to cool down?

On the way home. All the beer was gone. Crew was tired and grumpy after a long holiday weekend.
    Swore it would never take so long to get home again (or to the water)

Dr. Eagle
    Lucky, I guess!.........( . )( . )..........
    Could have something to do with that long (4 week) boating season up there too...

Essex502
    You have to be a fool or nuts to trailer anything without a spare tire. Plus a jack, jackstands, 12V inflator, "spare tire in a can" and lug wrench. These are essential - no requirements - for towing even the smallest trailer.

Wicky
    dont forget to carry extra wheel bearings they can go at any time as well :boxingguy :boxingguy :boxingguy
    I had to do an entire hub assembly on the side of the road last year.
    I wish that I had brought RUBBER GLOVES with me to do the job.
    I now carry a spare hub assembly and rubber gloves.

Mrs CP 19
    No spare, boat goes from garage to ramp to river. Many years ago, we had problems with the tires as they always looked inflated. Well, since the trailer tires were so many ply, they looked great but had zip for pressure! Wore the shit out of them on a long drive! Just stupid on our part...hubs were checked, everything else, but not pressure!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast