Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Rice Road - Red Dodge Ram

WILDERTHANU
    Ya, from what I understand tons of people picked up land for CHEAP out there... but the catch was you had to have a structure on it. Im not sure if it was for tax reasons or what.

SCUBA STEVE
    Ya, from what I understand tons of people picked up land for CHEAP out there... but the catch was you had to have a structure on it. Im not sure if it was for tax reasons or what.
    So they put up a shack to let it rot? How do they seperate the land?
    In any case one theory I heard that there is a secret base under there, and those shacks are there to cover the air vents. lol

Scuba,
    The Federal Homestead Act enables people to acquire Federal land for free provided the new owner builds a dwelling on the property that is permanent. This program was created to encourage land ownership. However it became a boon doggle in the CA desert areas. Primarily because people just built shacks never intending to live there and they just let the shacks rot. I know my family many years ago when I was a Yonker homesteaded 10 acres in Yucca Valley.
    Thor I consider you and your family lucky not to have been killed.

TCHB
    We drive Rice Road at least twice a month and see stupid people passing when they can see on coming traffic. I am sure glad I am going the same direction as they crowd. I would never drive against the Friday night traffic on Rice.
    Most of the time we see a accident is when someone went off the road and flipped in the dirt. I guess they just fall asleep or have a tire problem.

Huckleberry
    10 frwy east across the river at Blythe. First exit is Erenburg. Exit and go left over the frwy to the botom of the hill. Right at the stop sign. (Slow through town, 35MPH!) This road runs up through the C.R.I.T. Indian Reservation and will take you right into Parker, AZ.
    MUCH SAFER then Desert Center / Rice road. Only 8 miles farther! Worth the extra for a much safer route.
    Safe Travels!
    Is this the exit that has the Flying J truck stop also?

PHOTOGLOU
    Is this the exit that has the Flying J truck stop also?
    yes

Bense468
    Geoff...Its time for a new sticker on your truck .

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456