Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Warning

Ol Yeller
    Be careful out there peeps!
    I got stopped yasterday by 3 Game wardens. Did a saftey check on me: Passed...., then they made me do a sobriety test in there boat...Passed. Then they made me sign my boat over to a friend, took me to shore for more testing....Passed!....... Then they hand cuffed me, took me down town and made blow a breathalizer......twice......passed. ..again....Then they took me back to my boat and sent me on my way....3 hours of harrassment all together....and they ticketed me last weekend for reving up Ol Yeller in a no wake zone. I guess they have it in for that yellow and black boat of mine. WATCH OUT! THE MAN IS OUT FOR US THIS YEAR!
    PS: Thanks Stan for holding my boat off the dock for 3 hours.

H20Advantage
    What was the justification. Without failing the initial test there was no probable cause to take you anywhere. If you pass at the time of your first test then you fail an hour later you are not impaired at the time of the stop.
    Sounds like some letters to their superiors may be in order or even possibly a lawsuit.

Devilman
    Glad to hear everything worked out in your favor!! Coleto Creek Reservoir down here ( Goliad Co.) is like that. The law pretty much just hides out & watches from afar with binoculars, just waiting to nab a brudda. Goliad County is strict in general, but super strict on alcohol. It's a decent lake, but thats one of the main things that keeps me from going there... Hope they give ya some slack!! :rollside:

Ol Yeller
    What was the justification.
    Game wardens around her are infamous for doing whatever they want. It seemed to me they had full intentions on arresting me. I had my wife and kids left on the beach (they were cluless as to my whereabouts for 3 hours and had search parties out for me) and they wouldn,t let me call her, saying to me: Mr Durant, were gonna take this in steps and we will get the point where you can call your wife later. Also, they didn't take me to the closest dock for the 2nd set of field sobriety tests, Freakin' pricks went clear to the marina where they had a truck parked! They knew they were gonna take me downtown! I dont know what thier trip is!

Ken F
    Wade, from your side of the story, it sure sounds as if this was totally unwarranted. I'm inclined to agree with H20. Glad you got turned loose finally, but it sure poked a big hole in your day eh?
    Ken F

Ol Yeller
    Wade, from your side of the story, it sure sounds as if this was totally unwarranted. I'm inclined to agree with H20. Glad you got turned loose finally, but it sure poked a big hole in your day eh?
    Ken F
    Scared the $hit out of me! Never did a breatalizer before but have heard they are very sensitive. The freaking sobriety test would of been hard for anyone anytime, Especially in a boat! I had a 6 pack over the coarse of an 8 hour day with a 1 hour break before hitting the water. I'm spending the next few weekends beer free just to see if I'm getting singled out.

Devilman
    Not sure if the laws have changed or not since my run in & not sure if it's any different regarding boats & watercraft. Used to be you could refuse the test. You'd lose yer license for 30(?) days & still spend the night in jail, but that was it. They will try & sweet-talk you into doing the breathalyzer, that's their job, but without a test, they got nada, just suspicion. It's been quite awhile since my run-in(I beat mine) & the laws may have changed since then. It just ain't worth taking the chance. Maybe somebody out there knows more about it? I'd be interested in finding out some new info....

oldbuck40
    Be careful out there peeps!
    I got stopped yasterday by 3 Game wardens. Did a saftey check on me: Passed...., then they made me do a sobriety test in there boat...Passed. Then they made me sign my boat over to a friend, took me to shore for more testing....Passed!....... Then they hand cuffed me, took me down town and made blow a breathalizer......twice......passed. ..again....Then they took me back to my boat and sent me on my way....3 hours of harrassment all together....and they ticketed me last weekend for reving up Ol Yeller in a no wake zone. I guess they have it in for that yellow and black boat of mine. WATCH OUT! THE MAN IS OUT FOR US THIS YEAR!
    PS: Thanks Stan for holding my boat off the dock for 3 hours.hey ol yeller was one of these game wardens a spanish looking young guy mid to late 20's by the name Michal Armillo,he's our game warden from out around robert lee and sterling city area.

BeaverJ
    Well from your side of the story there is one important thing missing,,and that is probable cause, its one thing to do a safety check,,but they cannot make you blow into a breathlizer or even make you do field sobriety test without some sort of PC. So something made them think you were drinking or had a beer, or they just simply violated your rights, and yes you need to contact their supervisor and your attorney.....just my 02 cents.......

superdave013
    Well from your side of the story there is one important thing missing,,and that is probable cause, its one thing to do a safety check,,but they cannot make you blow into a breathlizer or even make you do field sobriety test without some sort of PC. So something made them think you were drinking or had a beer, or they just simply violated your rights, and yes you need to contact their supervisor and your attorney.....just my 02 cents.......
    wouldn't pulling him over for a safty check and then smelling beer (or the like) on his breath during the conversation be probable cause?
    Same thing happened to me in my truck years ago. I passed all the field test so they took me to that station for the so called more acurate test. I passed it too. At least they took you back to your boat. I had to walk! But that night I did learn the only way to avoid that is to not drink one single drop if I'm driving.
    Sorry to hear you're getting harrased. They are just hating you because your boat is worth more then their trailer home!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast