Thread: fuel regulator question

acatitude
    540 w/ 1471 and intercooler and not running a fuel regulator. I have 11-12 lbs pressure at idle and it goes down to 6 when im at speed. loads up when idling a lot. I see all the regulators after the carbs on return line. i assume this pressurizes the system and keeps flow even. my questiuon is is this correct and do i need same size return line as input if I put a reg. in after carbs? currently I have a smaller return line.
    I know only 6-9 lbs is what I'm supossed to have but boat has always ran good w/out one. I also have my mechanical pump in line w/ holly elect. w/one way valve in it. any help appreciated

Infomaniac
    I'm curilous how you have a return line if there is no regulator.
    Where is the pressure gauge located?

superdave013
    I also have my mechanical pump in line w/ holly elect. w/one way valve in it. any help appreciated
    Well now that you are going to re-think some things you might want to change that too. I would put them in parallel with check valves. Not in series like you have them now. I say this because that mechanical pump I'm sure can out flow that holley elect. You are stangling the mechanical pump with that other one in line with it. Also if the holley fails you will be hating it now. If they were in parallel and one fails you are still rollin.

acatitude
    your right info . what I'm thinking is return line is the line going to my pressure guage, sorry.