Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Powell or Shasta

DrewDown
    I've been to powell but not shasta. Anyone been to both that can tell me the pros and cons between the two? Would be house boating for a week. What time of year is good in shasta? Thanks, DREW.

sam pioske
    Gotta do both, diff. but great !! All summer is good Ck water level -but don't think it's down to bad.

BrendellaJet
    Shasta is awesome

JB in so cal
    Never done Powell, but plenty of trips to other desert lakes.
    Shasta is like no other lake in the west. Bald Eagles, deer and bear are always around. No sudden wind storms and with all the trees, shade is abundant when the water is high. The lake starts to drop 4-6 inches a day after July so mooring/beaching a houseboat needs care-don't want to be high and dry. If you ski, good water can be found in the middle of the day.
    Late June/Early July is great. Later gets hotter; earlier the water is cooler.

DrewDown
    For shasta what marina would you recomend using coming from so cal? Also what house boat company?

BrendellaJet
    Many years ago my parents used 7 crown if I recall correctly, not sure on the marina. It got windy on us one night and almost smashed the boat when the house boat got loose...tie it up good.

Uplink
    We have been to both, they are my favorite 2 lakes. Very green there and some cool hiking trails you can boat to. I can't thing of anything bad about that place, Just different from Powell. We were there in September and the weather & water was perfect. We stayed at the Tsasti resort (cabins) and it included a slip. I highly recommend that place.
    McCloud arm...taken from a hiking trail let let to a Shaman cave...
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...194mccloud.jpg
    Salt Creek....
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...4saltcreek.jpg
    have fun Mark

I have been going to Shasta for 30+ years. Love it. Fishing is great all types of fish. skiing is the best anytime of the day. Houseboating is the best way to enjoy all aspects of the area. Ive rented my houseboats from shasta marina for years. You will love the lake.

JB in so cal
    For shasta what marina would you recomend using coming from so cal? Also what house boat company?
    Haven't rented one yet, but try Jones Valley. Pimp-ass boats. Full size refer, wet bar up top, fly bridge, jacuzzi, satellite TV/music.

DCBob
    Never been to Powell, but it's on the list You should try to make the Cat Attack :rollside: Rent a houseboat from Shasta Marina and meet a whole crapload of NorCal boaters :2purples: You'll have a blast

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast