Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ice chest issues...

oldbuck40
    we take a cooler (smaller than a 40qt.) and just line the bottom with the 12oz or 16oz frozen water bottles laying on their side for the meat and stuff in zip loc's and stash it up in the cabin somwhere and use the 70qt for the drinks! it will last all day in a vented cabin...

goneboatin
    Don't use the small rectangular tupperware dealios. They leak. We just double ziplock bag the sandwich meats and put the bread under the seats. Get the picnic bottles of condiments and you're all set to go!

MagicMtnDan
    Probably obvious but if you freeze full gallon containers they will break in the freezer due to expansion. You'll need to empty some of the contents (water, milk, etc.) out first.
    Why don't the cooler makers or some after-market companies offer re-freezable soft "bags" that fit the bottom of the standard coolers? A full length frozen "bag" would keep stuff cold for a long time and wouldn't leak.

bohica
    I bought some of these http://www.techniiceamerica.com/ at the boat show. They seem to work OK. No more soggy lunch! :idea:
    I like the techni ice too. You can cut the sheets to whatever size you need. Works great for the ice chest for the food items.

phebus
    Just drink all the beer first, and then the wet lunch meat and cheese won't matter. I'm lucky having the refrigerator on my boat. All the lunch items go in there.

Dave C
    I use the tray that sits at the top of the cooler. Just try not to lose them

MAINEVENT
    A back pack with the sammies with blue ice (Plastic ones) and the rest in the cooler

Mrs.HLB1
    we take a cooler (smaller than a 40qt.) and just line the bottom with the 12oz or 16oz frozen water bottles laying on their side for the meat and stuff in zip loc's and stash it up in the cabin somwhere and use the 70qt for the drinks! it will last all day in a vented cabin...
    Thanks, I will try the water bottle idea.

Mrs.HLB1
    I use the tray that sits at the top of the cooler. Just try not to lose them
    Funny guy, my husband said we need to get a boat that has a frig on it. So he is looking already.

Mrs.HLB1
    I bought some of these http://www.techniiceamerica.com/ at the boat show. They seem to work OK. No more soggy lunch! :idea:
    Thanks, I will check into them!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast