Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: DUI Lawyers - Havasu....

Boatcop
    After 2.5 hrs, he was probably back at .00%.
    If he was a .21%, after 2 1/2 hours he would be around .17%.
    The human body metabolizes alcohol at approx .015% per hour.
    Still would be above the "Extreme" level.
    I don't know why people are asking if he was operating a boat or not. Driving, or in actual physical control of a motor vehicle anywhere in the State (including launch ramps, private property, or even the middle of the desert) while impaired is still a crime.
    If the machine gave a false reading, then the Ranger did the proper thing. Get blood. No grounds for dismissal since he recognized the problem, and took alternative measures. Now, anyone else who was charged, based on the results of that machine from the last time it was calibrated/serviced, might be able to prove reasonable doubt.

cola
    If he was a .21%, after 2 1/2 hours he would be around .17%.
    Still would be above the "Extreme" level.
    I don't know why people are asking if he was operating a boat or not. Driving, or in actual physical control of a motor vehicle anywhere in the State (including launch ramps, private property, or even the middle of the desert) while impaired is still a crime.
    If the machine gave a false reading, then the Ranger did the proper thing. Get blood. No grounds for dismissal since he recognized the problem, and took alternative measures. Now, anyone else who was charged, based on the results of that machine from the last time it was calibrated/serviced, might be able to prove reasonable doubt.
    Alen, are the field machines just to determine probable cause. Then one of the three of your choice breath, urine or blood test to identify the actual BAL. Just curious as I stayed at Holiday Inn last night. :jawdrop:
    Late, Mike

Boatcop
    Alen, are the field machines just to determine probable cause. Then one of the three of your choice breath, urine or blood test to identify the actual BAL. Just curious as I stayed at Holiday Inn last night. :jawdrop:
    Late, Mike
    The portable breath tests are used to verify that impairment is due to alcohol and not some other drug.
    Drugs like valium, muscle relaxers, (Soma is big out here) Marijuana, and other central nervous system depressants cause similar effects as alcohol. If we have someone fail the other field sobriety tests and have a low BAC %, we know to start looking for other things.
    What they may have taken will determine which test (Blood, Breath, or Urine) we'll use for the certified results. Urine, for example, is the best test for drug metabolites.
    We have Drug Recognition Examiners who can determine what class of drug (depressant, narcotic, stimulant, etc) they've ingested through a few simple observations and tests.
    That way we can either rule in or rule out alcohol as the cause of impairment.

cola
    The portable breath tests are used to verify that impairment is due to alcohol and not some other drug.
    Drugs like valium, muscle relaxers, (Soma is big out here) Marijuana, and other central nervous system depressants cause similar effects as alcohol. If we have someone fail the other field sobriety tests and have a low BAC %, we know to start looking for other things.
    What they may have taken will determine which test (Blood, Breath, or Urine) we'll use for the certified results. Urine, for example, is the best test for drug metabolites.
    We have Drug Recognition Examiners who can determine what class of drug (depressant, narcotic, stimulant, etc) they've ingested through a few simple observations and tests.
    That way we can either rule in or rule out alcohol as the cause of impairment.
    Thanks Alen I hope to never find this info the hard way. It sounds a lot cheeper to learn from others mistakes. :wink: (knock on wood)
    Late, Mike

Sane Asylum
    Mark Furhman
    ..............LMAO

cjordan
    A neighbor of mine (very cool guy) is a judge here in Cincinnati....in his court if you are a 1st or 2nd time offender (assuming no accident) you are going to get EXACTLY the same sentence WITH OR WITHOUT an attorney. Many people like to spend large sums of $$ after the sales pitch from their attorneys. If you blow over (and I would think) especially if they took blood you are SOL. :hammer2: The same judge also told me that if you know you have had too much to drink you should not take ANY TESTS AT ALL.....NOTHING! Don't walk a line, touch your nose, do the alphabet backwards...none of it. You will be cited for a violation of the implied consent law and loose your license for 6 months, no DUI....BUT if you are drunk you will get a DUI and still loose your license for at least 6 months.
    They have to prove you were drunk and well with no actual proof.....you see where I'm going. I'll give you another example, If you do the above tests...(which are totally subjective) fail them, then actually blow under the limit they can STILL CHARGE YOU WITH A DUI even if you are under .08%!!!
    If you think you are under, you are better off to pass on all the subjective tests (some of which are difficult stone sober) and ask to just take the brethalizer... you are not violating implied consent, at least in Ohio.
    Having a few cocktails is one thing, but operating something blasted is stupid.

Sanger D
    upset much. why dont u really tell us how you really feel. sanger d have u ever got behind the wheel after a couple of drinks? chances are u have so dont flame someone for something that alot of people have done and still do. I do not drink, ONCE in a very long time I will have A glass of wine or something with my wife or family,friends, I have never ,nor would I get behind the wheel of any thing ,and I fly ,drive,and manouver just about everything!!!.this D U I crap is not even discussable, NO one has any grounds to debate it,even if it was,nt a law!!!I sound so mad on this issue because I have zero tollerance toward this,and these people are grown up adults?that makes it even worse,its truely amazing how many people think this is a casual thing ,,,until some ones dead then its a big sad pitty party because someone you know (or don,t) got killed from a drunk driver!!adults should act like adults!!!!!!BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR YOUR ACTIONS!!!! getting behind the wheel of anything after drinking ( even a little) is not being accountable,and thenlook for sympathy or a good lawyer to get you off, please!!! I,ll help pull the switch!! sound extreme!!!! tell my dead sister or the persons dead wife, child mother,father,husband ,son ,or daughter that its too extreme!!!I do think this guy or any one else should not get any representation if your busted for dui.unless their a alchoholic and are looking for help!!!this is not a small problem,people DIE!!!!!if you drink and drive ,,I hope you get NAILED ,and I mean anybody!!!otherwise hey, party on and let someone else take the wheel,not a hard dicission to make!!!

Sanger D
    im not saying its right. many people still do it and thats the bad thing. i learned my lesson and will never drink and drive again. but there are many people out there who havent and thats the scary thing again im not saying its right if i came across that way im sorry. so you just felt like jumping my ass for something I,m absolutely right on?your post makes no point or sense,or are you just trying to stick up for those that do ?otherwise you should have agreed with me and not accused me of something YOU did or other people do right? just trying to see it your way............................................... .but I,m sorry, I don,t!!

bohica
    Boatcop,
    What approx. percentage will one 12oz. beer raise your BAC? I've always heard that 1 beer an hour and you wouldn't be over the limit. Any truth to that?

Sanger D
    Boatcop,
    What approx. percentage will one 12oz. beer raise your BAC? I've always heard that 1 beer an hour and you wouldn't be over the limit. Any truth to that? I hope its just curiuosity asking that question,I would think that even ONE beer and a person would just cruise a while before driving!!!....................I hope!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast