Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: DUI Lawyers - Havasu....

Boatcop
    Boatcop,
    What approx. percentage will one 12oz. beer raise your BAC? I've always heard that 1 beer an hour and you wouldn't be over the limit. Any truth to that?
    One "drink" =.54 OZs of alcohol. It's the same for a 12 OZ beer, 8 OZ wine or 1 shot of 90 proof alcohol.
    How much a drink will affect the BAC in a person depends on a lot of factors. weight, gender, body mass, etc. The statistics used are for an average 170 lb male or 137 lb female. Your individual results will vary.
    http://www.madd.org/madd.org/images/1103_1049.gif
    Here's a link to a BAC calculator.
    BAC Calculator (http://www.ou.edu/oupd/bac.htm)
    Please. Don't use this as a justification to drink and drive, and that it's OK if you "pace yourself". There are more factors at work here then just weight and number of drinks. It is always best to have a designated driver.
    And I would hope that people would be more concerned about killing their families and friends or some other innocent persons, then they would be about getting a DUI or OUI. Those who do get caught should consider themselves lucky, when faced with the alternatives.

riverroyal
    i was asking if he was driving the boat because I was on the lake in my boat,just curious,thats all,,,,nice graph by the way

Kingofspeed
    I hope its just curiuosity asking that question,I would think that even ONE beer and a person would just cruise a while before driving!!!....................I hope!!
    Personally I like to know all the technicalitys to get off the charges. Like not taking the tests when you know your blasted. You will loose your license if you take the tests or don't ... so don't give them the evidence!
    Now go out and risk lives as long as your having fun!!!!
    KINGOFSPEED AND BOOZE

Boatcop
    Personally I like to know all the technicalitys to get off the charges. Like not taking the tests when you know your blasted. You will loose your license if you take the tests or don't ... so don't give them the evidence!
    KINGOFSPEED AND BOOZE
    I'm hoping your tongue is planted firmly in your cheek as you're typing that.
    If someone is "blasted" as you say, they can and do still get convicted of DUI and/or OUI, based on the observations of the Officer. Even without the tests.
    You may or may not know that while you're sitting at the machine refusing and carrying on, and also while you're being walked down the hallway, filling out forms, etc. most, if not all, of your actions are being video taped. That tape is called evidence.
    And after all the refusal stuff, (losing license, additional fines, etc.) most Agnecies will get a search warrant for blood and the get the evidence anyway. Some Agencies in California don't even need a warrant. They can hold you down and take it. And just because they got the evidence, don't think the refusal penalties will go away.
    They won't!
    Maybe a lawyer can get you off on the charges, maybe not. But either way it's going to cost a ton of money, inconvenience, hassle, etc.
    Better not to even drink and drive in the first place.

Havasu4me
    KINGOFSPEED AND BOOZE
    You are quite the dipshit.
    Enough said.

cjordan
    I'm hoping your tongue is planted firmly in your cheek as you're typing that.
    If someone is "blasted" as you say, they can and do still get convicted of DUI and/or OUI, based on the observations of the Officer. Even without the tests.
    You may or may not know that while you're sitting at the machine refusing and carrying on, and also while you're being walked down the hallway, filling out forms, etc. most, if not all, of your actions are being video taped. That tape is called evidence.
    And after all the refusal stuff, (losing license, additional fines, etc.) most Agnecies will get a search warrant for blood and the get the evidence anyway. Some Agencies in California don't even need a warrant. They can hold you down and take it.
    Better not to even drink and drive in the first place.
    If someone is blasted, can't walk, talk, etc, etc they are SOL and should be in the above scenerio......However the majority of people who get DUI's are not that way, they've had a few too many or havn't eaten, etc, etc. Usually no harm no foul....In this area, law enforcement has no right or ability to take blood unless there was an accident resulting in injury and refusal of test(s).
    The problem with the "subjective to the officers opinion(s)" tests are as follows: if you take them and fail them in the officers opinion, then blow and blow under .08% you can and usually will still get DUI! BS but it happens more than you think! Some of the tests are difficult to pass even stone sober......I agreee one should not drink and drive, but everyone should know their rights in the event they find themselves in a rare but sticky situation.......many actually ask the police what they have to do, do you think they are going to get all of the (correct) information from them? Some yes, some who knows.....
    I'm no attorney, but I'm passing on what I have been told by a judge that you might sit in front of if cited here...maybe he has no idea of what he's talking about, but I kinda doubt it. He told me he personally would not take ANY of the subjective tests even if he had 1 beer.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345