Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HouseBoat tips !

cdog
    Thanks for puttin those up for me. My puter screws it up. Check me out....Throwin the shocker.

DEEZ NUTTS

cdog
    Glad to see you know the spot. Did you hike up the canyon? The views were amazing... Of course the wife had the camera on a girls boat ride at the time so I did'nt get any pic's.

DEEZ NUTTS
    Glad to see you know the spot. Did you hike up the canyon? The views were amazing... Of course the wife had the camera on a girls boat ride at the time so I did'nt get any pic's.
    This was right down the way from you. Pic from last Memorial weekend. Maybe rain filled it back up but probly dry by now.
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...Small_-med.JPG

cdog
    Nice pic. It's crazy how there was something new around every corner of that place.

Mardonzi
    OK,, I'm back from DSL Purgatory... LHC, I just sent you a PM. Just make sure that any captain service you hire doesn't drive the boat like this...
    Well, I would have posted the hanging upside down while driving pic if ***boat ever let me upload even the smallest picture.
    TnB,, better stock up more buckets,, that won't even get me through Breakfast....

Mrs CP 19
    We divided not only meal duties, but also driving duties. It is amazing how many people do not want to drive...worked well for us.

Scream
    On all the big trips we've taken we divied up the menu by family. Each family was responsible for one nights dinner event and one drink event during the week. Monday may be the Flanagan's night for dinner, so we'll have tri-tip, salad, Aunt LaDon's potatoes (cheesy potatoes that are killer). All are easy to prepare and serve. A drink event would be a happy hour, where we might have a martini bar all stocked up with all the fixens, or a wine tasting party, or a shot night (bring your favorite)...and don't forget the kids, they love the kids drink night with all the fruit juice smoothies and snacks.
    Foods that need to be cooked in pots, like chili, should be pre cooked in cook-in bags (like you get for roast or turkeys). you can put these frozen into a pot of boiling water and at the end of the meal there is not big mess to clean up, just throw away the bag, wipe out the water pot and Voila, you're done.
    Lake water for ice? I don't know about that, I've heard way too much about cryptosporidia and giardia and don't want to take the chance...Montezuma has visited this lake too...
    Make sure that work expectations are spelled out ahead of time, if everyone is expected to take on cleaning chores or cooking chores, that needs to be brought up early so there's no misunderstanding. Even in close knit groups, there's alway misunderstanding. Don't forget the firewood, like TnB said, even in the middle of summer there's always time for a camp fire.
    Most importantly, have fun and take lots of pics, these are the trips that will make the best memories (and creat the best threads on ***boat).
    Scream
    Oh, and if bringing kids, remember that if your kids bring friends they wont play with the others, which will piss off the parents, because your kids were supposed to keep thier kids occupied, but arent, so now you're the ah...That's come up, so get everything in the open before hand and you'll be alright...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast