Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Racing @ NJBA

Another great weekend in Bakersfield. The weather was great, although a little hot, and the air wasnt very good, but this was by far the most fun Ive had yet out at ming.
    Again Congrats to Tom Bandy on everything.
    Heres what I can remember as far as results for Jets.
    Tom Cress won BGJ.
    Bandy won PGJ
    Bandy won 8.50
    Roznos won 9.0 (beat a hard running flat in the final)
    BP won 10.0
    Roznos was runner up in UBFJ
    Hicks won 7.50
    Hicks won UBFJ.
    I was runner up in PGJ.
    Between the 5 boats in competition in the DNE/MPD pits, there was 8 trophys. Not a bad weekend for us.
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...ers_crews2.jpg
    Nelson 109 ran RR and did very well.He clicked off a 9.04 in the heat of the day yesterday, looks like hes dialed for the 9.0 bracket.

FuelInMyVeins82
    shit ya. There was also a ton of new boats out there. 75 boats total, good turn out

HBjet
    Congrats to all and to MPD/DNE...
    HBjet

NELSON#109
    Just Wanna Say I Had A Killer Time... Tons Of First Time Jitters And Stress, But Tons Of Excitement As Well. Met A Ton Of Great People & Learned A Lot Of New Stuff. I've Been Around The Races For About Seven Years, But You Really Arrent Involved Until Your Driving. Got Tons Of Support From Everyone At The Track, From Njba Officials To Drivers & Crew. I Wanna Say Thanx To Rod Thigpen, Chris (cs-19), Jack (mpd), Bob (bp), Brian Busby, Joe Shelfo Sr. & Jr., Tom Bandy, Jordan, And Everyone Else That Helped Me Get Through My First Race Weekend As A Driver. Now That Im Comfortable, & I The Boat Is Startin To Run Good, Its On The For Next Race. Got A Few Things To Adress, But They Will Get Done. Thanx Again To Chris & Jordan For Holdin My Hand And Walkin Me Through The Whole Race. I Know You Guys Where Bussy, But You Still Made Sure I Was Dialed. Nelson # 109

Well ... I do have to say that the MPD/DNE pits did have a great weekend. It was nice to see everyone out there, having drinks in the Rio Bravo parking lot with Chris (cs19), meeting and helping Arron (Nelson109) & having the drivers down from Oregon (4 boats/teams) from the CDBA circuit.
    Unfortunately, for those of you who were not there ... you don't know my saga, nor Willis' ... we killed our engines again. I was making my second qualifying pass when the cam gear bolts sheared off, ended up knocking holes in 2 of my pistons and bent most of my valves ... this sucks because it's a new engine, I blew up another one last race ... would have been a great pass, I had a 3.8 second half track (1/8th mile).
    Willis broke a blower belt on one pass and then came back and burned down a couple of pistons ... so he's down also.
    Oh well ... we wanted to go fast, so we have to pay the price I guess.
    Talk to you all soon,
    Brian

MikeF
    OUCH.
    Any idea of how cam bolts got sheared?

bp
    it was a great weekend, but any weekend at the track is a great weekend brian, sorry to hear you busted another one, but i guess that gives you more time to make all those tough calls, and spank the bad boys
    nelson, you did great this weekend, and you did a great job on that boat.
    hey chris, i think i had ya wonderin' there for a minute yesterday??? ah, well. i guess i'll just hafta go north and play..

Hey Mike ... well, a lot of theories were thrown around, but I beleive that the bolts were not what they were labeled/sold as (Stainless Steel 630AH). If they were not the hardened/tempered bolts, which I beleive, then it makes sense.
    The engine is in about the same position it was the last time you stopped by, sucks huh?
    It first pass was bit*hin though, 7.17 sec @ 150.8 mph! It hauls the mail, hard to see what I'm doing at that speed ... just hold on until I see the 2 white flashes go by (finish line bouy's) & then let out! It was fun.
    I should have the motor back in by next weekend if I can get the heads back. The only part I'm not liking about going this fast is the $$$ every race. I just blew $3000 last race for 1.5 passes ... now I'm looking at least another $1500 ... my wife is about to kill me!
    Oh well, swing by whenever you get a chance ... I'll be in the garage as usual!
    Later,
    Brian

Man Bob ... those guys (the bad ones) were running me ragged all day yesterday. Did you see Capaldi on the second pass when I had them re-run?
    CRAZY! ... he hopped the boat about 3 feet out of the water ... and then still lost.
    That "grey area" in the rule book we spoke about is being changed. I didn't like having to put them back in the water ... but, it had to be done. The part that made me feel badly, is that Tony ended hurting his motor during that pass. He wasn't to happy.
    Anyways, I just finished the points & they should be up on the web site by tomorrow, you're 3rd in PGJ & 1st in your bracket.
    Good luck next weekend,
    Brian

hey chris, i think i had ya wonderin' there for a minute yesterday???
    Ya, I was a little worried there, looks like Im gonna have to get a new throttle cable, cause i streeeeeetched it out on that run tryin' to get by you, little did i know you red lit. :rollside: Fun race Bob. :smile:I still have your 1/2 degree wedge, if you need it for red bluff, let me know, ill have one shipped to you, if not ill return it at the June race.
    Busby, nice meeting you.. Ill try to get over for a coldie in the near future.
    CS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast