Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: F*&%^ng Loader Bolts

R.A.D.man
    If you do end up resorting to drilling out, you could call a good tool house and try to get left handed drill bits (not a joke). I have used them before and the bolts can unscrew from the left handed rotation of the bit before you drill out all the way simplifing the extraction.
    I am afraid to remove mine for fear of the same situation you are in. I think they have been in there since 1972.

I have gotten them out with the pointed tip on an air chisel. also used a small cutting wheel to cut a slot for a flat tip screwdriver.

SmokinLowriderSS
    Just installed my new Pro-Loader from DuaneHTP a week & a 1/2 ago ........ Guess I shouldn't say the orriginal 1/4" flat-head screws from 1979 came right out? No trouble at all. Followed advice and drilled/tapped mine through for 5/16"ers and back-nutted them. Wonder if I should have used Anti-sieze on my new screws as opposed to blue locktite.
    With a dremmel tool you can put a cut notch in them and apply a LARGE flat-head screwdriver ................

PC Rat
    If you have a little room, weld another bolt head to the stuck one and grab it with some vice grips. If that doesn't work grind the head off leaving as much stud as you can and heat around the bolt and use vice grips. If neither of these work, then you drill. Don't try using an e-z out! If it breaks off you are way screwed!! :cry: Good luck Been there many times
    Do you need stainless wire to weld stainless?
    Brian

NELSON#109
    I Know It May Be Hard To Find Someone, But If You Tig Weld The Threaded End Of Another Bolt On The Head Of The Bad Ones, It Will Be Strong, Wont Kill Anything With Too Much Heat, And The Will Come Out..... Just Hard To Find A Good Tig Welder. Dont Give Up, Ive Fought Em Many Times. Just Watched Some Friends Fight Some Today... Good Luck.

Squirtin Thunder

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12