Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the skinny on Cheetah Boats?

bigq
    I dont think DCB was offered in comparison to Chettah... Now Shochwave was and there is a HUGE difference....Shockwave is a lot higher on the food chain....
    Didn't even want to come close to saying they Cheetah was compared to a DCB or Shockwave for that matter.I think DCB spends more on zip ties than you can buy a Cheetah for. I would say cheetah was in line with the likes of Commander.

bigq
    FWIW, when I went to the "factory" a couple months ago, Bob told me that everything was through bolted now. I did see evidence of this on Jay's boat, but I didn't thoroughly inspect every nut and bolt.
    That would be great if he does that now. To me that is a major step in the build process. Takes more time and man power, but it will last longer.

dicudmore
    A guy that stays across from us at Big Bend has a five year old, or so, Cheetah and his hardware is literally falling off.
    I've personally spent several hours tightening screws on a Hallett too...

jayd_jr
    FWIW, when I went to the "factory" a couple months ago, Bob told me that everything was through bolted now. I did see evidence of this on Jay's boat, but I didn't thoroughly inspect every nut and bolt.
    Yes everything is through bolted...... As of right now I can not say a bad thing about CHEETAH BOATS. Bob was easy to work with and did a great job. As far as Lake Apes question. I think that a cheetah is well built boat for fun on the lake and river. I dont plan on runnin 100 mph or taking out in big chop. I have a freind that had a boat you are looking at for 10 years not one problem!!!!!!! The decision is yours to make.... I say save your money for better investments in your spec home building!!!!

jayd_jr
    A guy that stays across from us at Big Bend has a five year old, or so, Cheetah and his hardware is literally falling off.
    I think alot has to do in how you use the boat. We all dont take care of our stuff like others either, everyone is different....

jayd_jr
    [QUOTE=ShockwaveBob]From what I have seen, this guy takes better care of his boat than most people. Always cleans it after the day, always pulls it out of the water in the evening, stored in a climate controlled facility in Parker, normal 454 power, normal cruising speeds. Just my observation. I would definately believe that he has not abused his boat.[/QUOTE
    Cool deal... I was just putting something out there... At least I can say you saw my through bolted stuff.....

dicudmore
    I've never owned a Hallett, nor do I have any experience with them. I was just pointing out what I have seen in my own personal experience with the only Cheetah owner I know.
    This will be the fifth summer I've owned my Shockwave, I've never tightened a single nut or bolt on it. Before that I owned an Ultra, in which every gauge "fell out" at one time or another, my teak swimsteps fell off the back and my hatch hinges pulled out, so badly in fact that I had to have a new hatch made before I sold it. I guess we all have good and bad experiences.
    Very true on that statement...
    You know you'd be more than welcome to tour my boat anytime, please excuse the mess...My 2-yr old has been aboard

dicudmore
    From what I have seen, this guy takes better care of his boat than most people. Always cleans it after the day, always pulls it out of the water in the evening, stored in a climate controlled facility in Parker, normal 454 power, normal cruising speeds. Just my observation. I would definately believe that he has not abused his boat.
    Cool deal... I was just putting something out there... At least I can say you saw my through bolted stuff.....
    You got through-bolted stuff? I feel so robbed

jayd_jr
    Very true on that statement...
    You know you'd be more than welcome to tour my boat anytime, please excuse the mess...My 2-yr old has been aboard
    My boat is always open for a tour as well..... Just wave me down....

Beer-30
    I just got done re-doing the seat bases on the rear bench of my 4 year old Sleek. You can't through-bolt a seat base. Well, kinda. I ended up putting in T-nuts from the top so they are attached with #10 machine screws instead of woods screws.
    My point is that a Hallett, Shockwave, DCB, Cheetah, SleekCraft, will all need some repair at some time. I looked at a '99 Eliminator 28 XP that needed some new attachment of the port engine hatch hinge. It's all equipment, and it will all need maintenance at some point.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast