Thread: Stainless Hardline

tahitijet
    I am in need of some bendable Stainless hardline in 1/2", 3/8" and 1/4" diameter.. Anyone now of a good supplier for this stuff? Preferable in Cali as I need it truck shipped in straight 20' Plus lenghts.
    thanks

I am in need of some bendable Stainless hardline in 1/2", 3/8" and 1/4" diameter.. Anyone now of a good supplier for this stuff? Preferable in Cali as I need it truck shipped in straight 20' Plus lenghts.
    thanks
    PM me exactly what you need, quantity, wall thickness, welded or seamless, I may be able to help you out with that as we use alot of tube.

djdtpr
    Hey RIO i was at Papps last saterday working on my new ride and saw your boat there.That is a nice ride and the stainless lines are sweet!

shirkey4750
    Got a garage full, I do pneumatic & electrical control work, and save all scrape pieces over 12". I use all swagelok fittings, and save all take off fittings from removed tubing. Just about everything on my boat and a couple of friends boats is hard plumbed.

Taylorman
    I plumbed mine in hardline. I like it alot better than than ss braided line. It is harder to work with and you need benders to bend it. A friend of mine gave me a set of benders and i just bought a Rigid flaring tool to flare the tubing 37*.

tahitijet
    Rexone if it's ok I'll call you sometime this week.
    The hardline is actual for fuel/ air/ and brakes on a show truck i've been building for a kid who is over in Iraq right now. http://fabworxcustoms.com/ryan.htm

shirkey4750
    If your going to flare that stainless, you should double flare or it will more than likely split. I've even broke a few double flare buttons trying to flare it. I have a special flaring tool just for stainless, but it is about $350.00.

There is a reason for double flairing, and with JIC (AN) fittings you do NOT double flair. Double flairing is for SAE flairs (45 degree). Smaller diameter tube takes extra care, but in ALL cases, DON'T use seamed tubing. Seamless is lightyears easier to successfully flair, and seamed has been know to anneal and split. Also, with small dia tubing, wall thickness is critical, as too thick will not allow enough shoulder for the flair, and too thin may crack when flairing, or not safely handle the system pressure.